Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hired Hand
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that tonight's lunar eclipse should be spectacular in the eastern states considering the full moon. I'm not much of a photographer but maybe some of the more talented folks can post a picture or two...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I live in NC and the weather forecast just said that our cloud coverage is going to block the view. :( I will be on my deck trying to get a peak anyway. If anyone happens to take some great pictures do please share them.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I've never seen a full moon that small!!! It looks like it's shrunk.

·
SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!
570 Posts
Amazing that I could see it in Western WA, but sure enough there it is. Was able to relax in the hot tub and take in the show. :)

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
deberosa said:
Amazing that I could see it in Western WA, but sure enough there it is. Was able to relax in the hot tub and take in the show. :)
Okay -- I'm cheesed -- not because we can't see it, but because we're darting out to the yard in five minute "commando missions" and then rushing back in to warm up.

Hot tub. Grrr.

Tracy

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was at work and was able to watch it to the east of the plant. Was really neat. Employees from the buildings even took un-scheduled breaks to see parts of it. It was a first for my work partner, and she was in awe!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
We had perfect weather and clear skies here last night. I couldn't drag myself out of bed for the grand finale, but managed to see 75% of it. Awesome! That's another nice thing about homesteading...there are no street lights or traffic to compete with Nature's shows.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Wasn't it cool? My son and I watched it from beginning to end...in front yard trips every 15 minutes. WOW...did anyone notice how bright the moon seemed to get AFTER the eclipse?

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
We had cloud cover in the beginning and I didn't get to see the total eclipse, but I did see it after the crescent began to show on the Northside again. It was pretty awesome. I'm such a sky gazer!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts