Low Life Jerks

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by 65284, May 25, 2005.

1. 65284

65284 Well-Known Member Supporter

Is there no limit to what some thieving creeps will do? Someone stole my wife's handicapped hang tag right off the mirror in our van. And did the deed while it was parked if front of church during services Sunday morning. Pretty darn nervy, and about as low life as it gets in my opinion. We can get it replaced, but, it means a 60 mile round trip to the license office, standing in line, filling out an affidavit, and of course paying for another one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

2. dla

dla Well-Known Member

Sadly, Church parking lots are ideal for theivery since the lot is full of cars but bereft of people for a predetermined time.
    We get used to trusting the folks in church, and then leave our purses on the seat outside the church.
    We lost a lot of windows one Sunday over here that way...

Sorry for the pain in the neck!

3. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

:no: how sad....what do they think they are getting away with? I just don't get it.

4. pamda

pamda Well-Known Member Supporter

My hubby's handicap tag was stolen from the windshield of our pick up in front of dss house in broad daylight. Very low class type of person to do this IMHO.

5. 65284

65284 Well-Known Member Supporter

I suspect they want to park in handicapped spots but don't qualify. Here you must have a doctor fill out a form stating you suffer a disability and need a handicapped tag.

6. emke

emke Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it happens often. When I hang my handicap sticker is the only time I lock my old rattle trap pick up. My dad had his stolen, so I learned to lock up from him. Yes, even at church.

7. woodsrunner

woodsrunner Well-Known Member

When mine was issued I was warned that they are worth about $25.00 cash value on the street. There are days when my arthritus in my legs isn't so bad and I'll take my cane and hoof it wherever I need to go. I do that so someone that might be in worse shape can have the space if they need it. It peeves me to no end that someone would be so lazy as to not care.

There are days when I think perfect justice would be taking a hammer to a few scumballs knees. Let them feel the pain, and then don't give them the permit.

8. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

Ouch! Woodsrunner, that hurts just to think about it.

I have a bad knee too, and sometimes 2 of them , if I've spent too much time on the bad knee.

It gripes to me to no end to see some big fancy truck - too tall for a handicapped person to even climb into, zip into a marked spot and whip out their Handicap tag to hang on the mirror. Then, they jump out of the truck and sprint into the store for something. They don't in anyway look handicapped to me. I see it all the time.

My family calls it 'rock star parking'.

Halo

9. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

At the Wall Mart here ALL handicaped tags are checked they have a cop that is his only job. Average 15 tickets a day and 2 towings for those who give them trouble. My neighbor is the one who writes the tickets. Some people never learn that after 3 unpaid 50$ tickets they just tow your car and you get a bill for nearly a grand to get your car and 4 points.

15 x 50$=750$
    +
    2 x 1000+- =2000$

Total = 2750+- per day the state gets most of the money from the ones towed but the township gets the rest. Not a bad investment for a 200$ a day cop.

mikell

10. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope the cop can run checks that the tag belongs to the car/person using it on slow days since some of the legit looking tages are stolen!

11. emke

emke Well-Known Member

I have to carry a paper that was issued with the handicap hanging tag. The number on the paper matches the number on the tag. If asked I have to produce it to keep from getting a ticket. Only a person legally having the tag will also have the paper.

12. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Lock the doors. Problem solved.

13. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

I notice here, people have a handicap sign on their license plate - isn't that
    how it's done everywhere? I also see the hanging ones too. $100 fine first
    time offense here for parking in a handicap spot or touching the lines!

I think towing the cars after a second offense is great!

14. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Well-Known Member Supporter

:haha: :haha: :haha:
    Locks are for honest people.
    Keeps them from making mistakes.

15. wy_white_wolf

wy_white_wolf Just howling at the moon

I always figured they were mental handicapped :haha:

16. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

My hubby has one too and he has a card he must carry. I wonder how many persons get checked for the card?

17. COUNTRY WISHES

COUNTRY WISHES Well-Known Member

That is pretty low. Sounds like you are going to need to lock up the car from now on. Could you get handicapped plates issued? If the disability is permanent we have handicapped plates in my state. If the disability is temporary, a broken bone, other injury or pregnancy related than a temporary hang tag is issued.

18. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

I always lock my doors. That hasn't stopped them from busting my windows out.

19. MeowMix

MeowMix Active Member

ME too. I have seen the same thing, everywhere I go. It would seem to me that if they are able to run> As I am NOT>,why do they need a handicap tag? They are too easy to get, I think. All ya gotta do is ask your Dr. to do the paperwork. And most of them will. Then, here it only costs 3.50 to get the tag. My Dr. Won't get me one and I have emphazema. Not all days are bad for me, but some are. Handicap tags and spaces are good for just that>> Handicaped people.
    And like someone said here, you don't have to use it every time you go out. If you feel like walking a little, hey excersise is a good thing. People that steal them are too lazy to walk any where.
    Then there are the handicaped with bad backs(?) that ride motorcycles>> but that's another story. :soap: I'm done now!! :haha: :haha:

20. luvrulz

luvrulz Well-Known Member Supporter

I used one before hip replacement surgery and during my recovery. There's no accounting for some folks. I've always said that if these people would put all their efforts to legal means, they'd be alot richer and more content.

Sorry for your inconvenience of getting your tag replaced......

:p