Love todays logo!!

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by ozark_jewels, Nov 3, 2006.

1. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Is that a *real* milkstool that guys sittin' on?? I don't even know what one of them looks like. We've been sittin' on milk crates to milk our cows for 18 years...... :rolleyes: Do we get a Jersey next?? :p

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice logo. I wonder how much thought go into them??

3. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

Heck I thought that Logo was OxAnkle demonstrating his Head-in flank Technique, LOL.
    Emily go to www.eNasco.com/farmandranch and then select on "Dairy Supplies" menu item,Then enter item #C05989N in search box and click on "go" ....a Good X-Mas present for someone at Emily Enterprises, Inc. -Professional Cow Rehabilitators ;) .

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Seeking Type

Now you see, if it was a Jersey, it would have some kickers on them, the animal would look ticked, and that farmer would be flying. ;).

Jeff

5. ozark_jewels

If it was a Jersey, it would be placidly chewing cud instead of giving the onlooker the "mad dog stare". :nerd: See that tail back there?? Its cocked and ready just waiting for the moment the farmer turns his head.....
    Hey, I got nothin' against Holstiens, but when you start raggin' on my Jerseys, I'll start raggin' on them......... :p

6. ozark_jewels

Found it!!That thing is hilarious.LOL!! :) My cows would wonder what the blazes I had strapped on my posterior.......I guess I'll stick with my milk crates. Their comfortable, cheap, multi-purpose, and they last absolutely *forever*. I use plastic ones mostly, but I still have the old metal crates that we used with our very first Jersey, Ginger. The metal ones get COLD in the winter.... :help:

7. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Greeze, from the size difference from the cow to the milker the cow must weight 2K plus.

8. savinggrace

savinggrace COO of manure management

Hi,

I have a 1919 book 'handy farm devices' and there is instructions on how to make a similar stool that would strap to your rear. The thought behind (no pun intended) the design was that this would be a much more 'sanitary' way to milk a herd vs. having to move the stool each cow!

:p

9. a1cowmilker

a1cowmilker Well-Known Member

I agree, that cow looks pretty big.

Can I put my vote in on the jersey as well?

10. Up North

Hilarious Schmilarious!..They really save on the knees. Been wearing one for Years, LOL. The schoolkids that visit call it a "Tigger Stool".
    And I Quote:
    "The Wonderful Thing about Tiggers, Cause Tiggers are a Wonderful Thing...
    Their Tops are made out of Rubber, Their Bottoms are made out of Springs"

:) :) :)

11. ozark_jewels

Oh, I'm sure its handy!! Just that right now my pocketbook doesn't lend itself to handy since I have something thats already working for now. :) Gotta ask though.....if you've been wearing one for years.....how do you sit in your easy chair and relax?? :shrug: :p

"They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
    But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
    I'm the only one!"
    :) :) :) :)

12. ozark_jewels

Oh, with his hands in the middle of that cows stomach, he's not milking....he's massaging those milk veins to induce that stubborn cow to let down her milk! Yep, looks like we got ourselves a real holder-backer on the milk up there.....I'm sure its from all us staring at her. Poor ladies nervous! :nono:

13. Up North

Wisconsin Dairy Farmer sitting in Easy chair is like Ozarks Folks making a Snowman, LOL.
    The milkstool does come in handy when you get to church a wee bit late :nono: and find all the pews are full, LOL.

14. JulieLou42

JulieLou42 Well-Known Member

I built my own milking stool from some leftover decking redwood 2x6's. Has a handle hole cut out of the middle of it to make it easier to carry. It's box shaped, and very strong!

That post thing you strap on scares the daylights outta me!

15. ozark_jewels

Sorta like this Ozark folks since we started our goat dairy, huh?? Well, we are drying our whole herd of this coming Thursday and though there are a zillion things to do before January when they freshen......I'm going to sleep in at least one morning a week!! :p

16. arcticow

arcticow Well-Known Member

No problem for me! I use a 3-gal. plastic bucket to sit on. Since it's hit 20 below, it's stuck on till April!