LOVE and destruction

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Jcran, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

My fullblood boer buck is now almost 6 months old and starting to really stink; he had a BIG mama (8 years old and about 800 pounds) placed with him last week. He was SOOOOO full of himself and proud of his newly discovered masculinity. Well, she promptly put him in his place as she was NOT IN HEAT and he'd better not try THAT again. While he is a big boy, he could not compete with her seniority and girth. So he was really and truly depressed for a few days. So this morning, I heard this horrid sound coming from the goat pens as if someone was being torn limb from limb. I had just fed and everyone seemed ok...I raced back out there to find that the old gal was now IN HEAT and Vindicator was lookin' awfully good all of a sudden. They'd obviously had a tryst and he was in such a CRAZY, HAPPY, I'M IN LOVE mood that he had literally torn the wooden feeder off the fenceline (it's like a large 3-sided, stand alone box with a panel slid in along runners at an angle to pop hay into) and had knocked it over. Then he was running HUGE laps around the buck pen and as he approached the overturned feeder he was leaping up into the air as high as he could and crashing down onto the back of it with all four feet. Then he was leaping off and spronking in huge leaps around to start again. :) The awful sound was the sound of the boards being wrenched apart (it WAS a strong feeder). It was so funny I could not get too ticked off at him. My 6 year old daughter commented on how happy he looked. I so desperately wanted to make some analogy to how human and goat males were so similar, but held back.

2. Saffron

Saffron Well-Known Member Supporter

Sooo...... Where's the videos/pictures?

lolol

3. marcir

marcir Well-Known Member

Kinda like Tom Cruise jumping on the sofa, you say?
    Love it, love it, love it!
    Marci

4. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

YIKES! An 800 lb. goat???

The mind boggles.

5. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

Ok, well 800 pound is maybe a tiny exaggeration, but she is a BIG girl... and yes, Tom Cruise would come to mind. Amazing what a roll in the hay did for his depression. I am buying a metal hay rack.