Lot's of planting going on around here today!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Ravenlost, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Our 9,000 hardwood trees were planted yesterday and today...mostly oak varieties and cypress. It was so nice I got out in my garden and planted arugula, lettuce and English Peas. Plan on doing a lot more Monday and Tuesday when hubby will be home to help.

Sure does feel good to be able to garden again.

2. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

now how did you get 9000 trees planted and still have any energy to post?!?!? in ten years you will enjoy the view over your forest. still bell metal hard here with two feet of snow (lost over a foot this week) have fun planting !

3. bonnie lass

bonnie lass Semper Fi

4. Ravenlost

LOL...notice I said the trees WERE planted...not that I planted them! We hired two men who had a tractor and some type tree planting device. It amazed me that they could plant that many trees on 34 acres in ONE day, but they did and were finished before dark.

Hubby and I have planted 20 Crepe Myrtles, five Dogwoods, four Redbuds, three American Beautyberries, two Crabapples and three Butterfly Bushes. I have plans to plant Peach and Pear trees this Spring as well. And we have two acres to plant in corn, not to mention all the other stuff I've got to put in my garden.

Yesterday was just the beginning and it felt GOOD.

5. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

I had hoped that someone with a tree planter had been in but have a nutbar friend that plants trees by himself!! not sure how many in a day but getting up there! thought maybe they have trained the critters to dig the holes!! :haha: glad to here the trees are in the ground ,now just a light shower every few weeks and some luck for the future forest

6. Ravenlost

Around here, there's no worry about those light showers. We have them constantly (which is one reason we're converting this back to wetlands...it's always wet!).

My mom, Dad and I once planted 300 evergreens in one day. Mama and I had visions of a Christmas Tree farm, but Daddy decided he didn't want to mow around 300 trees and bush-hogged them all down! Boy, me and Mama were POed about that!