Lost my doe kid..

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Jul 25, 2005.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Well today at about 1pm I went and fed kids like normal. I had a normal day. Went out at nine to feed kids again and find my doe kid Sydney down, not moving and very cold crying out. We made a emergancy trip to the vet...Sydney didn't even make it to the vets place..she died in the car on the way there :( :( :( :( . The vet said that it was almost for sure Entero toxemia or what ever that CDT is used to vaccinate for (my brain is not working..). I am now having to watch her brother like a hawk and prayer he lives.

I am heartbroken. She was my favorite kid and such a beauty..

Here are two pictures just tooken last night of my beautiful baby girl :( . Sydney was only 8 weeks old when she died today..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Her brother is now depressed acting...the two kids where very close....

MotherClucker

2. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my litle buckling a few days ago and I really feel for you. She was a beautiful doeling...in fact, she looks just like my LaMancha doe, Blackberry. Her brother must be missing her awfully.

3. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm sorry. What a beautiful LaMancha.

4. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

What a terrible shame. She was such a pretty girl and had such a sweet face. I'm very sorry for you.

5. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

A beautiful girl, so sorry. I am a true LaMancha convert. I wish you the best with your other goats. When I first started out with goats as a newbie, I lost some to bloat and such and what haoppened to yours. I am so worried about that stuff now, that i tend to underfeed and give them mostly hay. I am always neveous about it though because I lost some like that. I truly feel your pain, that goat was a gorgeous animal....Diane

6. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your little doe. She was beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

It's aways so hard when you lose a young one before they have a chance to grow into who they are going to be. You have my deepest sympathy. :(

Lynda

7. JoyKelley

JoyKelley Well-Known Member

This is just so sad, she was a beauty, I am so sorry

8. trappmountain

trappmountain Well-Known Member

She was so pretty. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It is an awful thing to lose something you cherish.

9. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I just looked at the pictures you had of her on one of your other posts, and I recall she sounded very special, sorry for your loss. You and her brother will be in my prayers tonight.

10. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

so sorry for your loss, it is so sad to loose a little one.

11. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

When something like this happens it makes me mad that ignorant people won't vaccinate their goats for it.

I have come across people who don't use CDT because they think they don't need it. Then when I see first hand what happens to them it just makes me want to cry that they wouldn't care enough.

I now will have even more reason to let new people who buy my goats or what ever or ask about CDT know that they MUST vaccinate for it.

Thank you all for the kind words. Her brother is fine thank goodness. But I am still very nervous. When ever one of the kids looks tired or something I run over and check them all over. It is VERY nerve racking :bash: .

MotherClucker