Lost her today *crying*

Discussion in 'Goats' started by MC nli, Oct 15, 2004.

1. MC nli

MC nli Guest

Well our german shephard Flirt died today. She was sadly only 7 almost 8. We think it was a heart attack but not sure...I just found out about this about a hour ago so I am real shook up....I loved her so much..... *crying hard*

MotherClucker

2. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Deepest sympathy, Motherclucker. It hurts so much to lose our special pets, as they are more than pets, they are members of our family, too. The story or poem Rainbow Bridge on the goat forum seems to apply more than to goats, and might give you some comfort. Jan in Co

3. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I am so sorry! A good dog is truly a treasure. Loosing a good dog is just heart-breaking.

Take good care of yourself through this.

Jen

4. ox

ox Well-Known Member

We went through a similar event not too long ago with our livestock guardian dog Uzi. He was only seven and worth his weight in gold around here. Turned out he died of torsion, we suspect. I know this is difficult to say at such a time as this but we always do an autopsy in such events. I look inside to make sure there is no foul play or something that could hurt anything else in our system of things. A massive coronary would be obvious to the eyes. When Uzi went down I just punched in the symptoms in google and came up with real specific info that couldn't be gainsaid. It's the best we could do at the time and really helped in some respects.

5. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so sorry...........

6. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

It hurts to lose a good dog. I've cried over a few myself.
    So sorry.
    mary

7. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Some of my fondest memories are of dogs long gone. What a true gift they are to us. Unconditional love and adoration. I hope you will feel better soon and know we feel your pain.

8. geminigoats

geminigoats Well-Known Member

Oh NOOOOOOO....I am so sorry to hear you lost Flirt. Heres a *BIG HUG*. Its so hard to loose our animals, yet they are only with us a short time but in our hearts forever. Flirt is still with you.

Hugs again

Bernice

9. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

We lost our precious Sunshine a few months ago. It was very unexpected. I still miss her. Not a day goes past that I don't think about her. I love all of my animals, but some a very special. SHe was one of them. We are going to name our new homestead after her. I am so sorry to here about Flirt. I had to give my Shepherd away because she killed livestock, but I gt to visit her often. She was a great protector of the family (just not the livestock). Shepherds are such loyal companions. There is a Native American folk tale that says man and beast used to live together. Then one day there was a giant earthquake the divided the world in two. All the animals were on one side and man on the other. Then just before the rift got too big, the dog leapt across to be with man. I know dogs go to heaven and one day you will see your friend again.

10. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

It probably doesn't help ease your hurt but we are all hurting with you. It is so hard to loose a well loved pet.