Lopi pellet stoves

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Explorer, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Explorer

Explorer Well-Known Member Supporter

My current pellet stove is being taken out and my purchase price refunded after a year of trying to make it work as advertised.

I am thinking about buying a Lopi brand replacement. Does anyone have experience with this brand? I am interested in both good and bad experiences.

2. MtnGranny

MtnGranny Well-Known Member

Never heard of Lopi. We have 2 pellet stoves. One is a Harman and the other is a Thelin. The Harman works fine but we love the Thelin. It is the "Parlor 3000" and looks like an old pot belly stove. It is very easy to clean (I vac it out once a week) and has a thermostat so it comes on and off to keep it the temp you set.

3. Explorer

I'm on my third Thelen potbelly pellet stove. The mfg. could not make them work properly and the supplier has refunded my money in total, including instillation charge.

The problem occurs when you try to use battery backup (capability built in) with a thermostat. I live fairly remotely in the country, so power fails often.

4. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Lopi manufacturers superior wood burning and gas burning stoves. It is a USA company. We, and many of our friends, have Lopi woodstoves. I would recommend their products in a second. The problem is, I have no experience with their pellet stoves....but I highly recommned the company and the quality of their products.

5. lazy-s-chickens

lazy-s-chickens Dan The Man

Here, here CF. I love my lopi.

6. Explorer

Thx for the recommendation. Not always, but usually I have found that if a company makes one line of outstanding products, similar products are of the same quality. The thing I really liked about the Lopi that it is American made and all steel.

Many of my problems with the Thelin stem from the fact it is cast iron (questionable quality) and made in China.