Looks like Rosie is finally in labor...I hope

Discussion in 'Goats' started by nduetime, May 1, 2006.

1. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

I think Rosie is finally in labor. She will be at day 153 Monday am. She has been acting a little differently this evening. She kept head butting the other does away from her corner and was quite adamant that they stay away. She has also been straining a bit and has a discharge. Her vulva area is really puffy and droopy and her ligaments were gone yesterday or the day before,she is breathing harder than usual but that may just be the size of her (Ginormous). She looks a lot different now than she even did at 8 pm. Also some pawing, getting up and down, and nuzzling at her sides.

2. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Not wanting to rush anything, I know nature will take it's course, but how long does the labor usually last? I am only asking because we have a horse that has to be put down in the am and I assume I will need some sleep to deal with that too, but I want to be there for Rosie also.

3. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

After serious labor the first should be born in an hour, the second should be born within 20 minutes of the first, the third should be born within 20 minutes of the second, and so on. Good luck.