Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's the rarity to have brilliant sunshine and snow on the ground. I'm sort of bored with snow (which is sad, I know, since it's not even winter yet!), but our yard is sparkling. like massive glitter on a Christmas card, sooooo gorgeous! :) nice to wake up to. (ok..been up since 5, but it took me a while to step outside) lol

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Oh, I remember what you're talking about.

When I lived in the UP of Michigan I remember that glittered snowy Christmas card look.

What I liked even more, is watching the sun shine and the glitter ice crystals falling to frost the snow.

Merry Christmas-
Can you take a photo and show us?

Angie

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
I know what you are talking about, and it IS pretty, isn't it? Fresh undisturbed sparkly snow - gorgeous.

Many years ago, one of my first "real" jobs was as a "salad bar girl" at a Big Boy restaurant. I worked the weekends when they had the breakfast bar. I used to have to be there by 6:00 AM (I was a teenager) and I absolutely loved getting up and leaving the house about 5:30 when it had snowed or was snowing. The pristine snow glittered beautifully in the streetlights/houselights/headlights, and I love that "snow quiet" - maybe many of you are used to it out in the country, but I was/am suburban, and that snow just puts a "hush" on things. So peaceful and pretty...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts