Looking Good

Discussion in 'Goats' started by AllWolf, Oct 26, 2006.

1. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Well so far so good my little gal that had Selenium deficiency is showing more good signs of improvement. Today I took her outside since it was nice and warm and let her have some grass to eat and I found her still a few nice green leaves on a tree and she loved it. She is being to be able to walk a little more with out having trouble getting up. I'm so happy to see her getting better and I thank god for my pets. I may sound like a crazy nut but when my animals get down and sick I pray for them to get well also. I hope and pray that my little gal keeps getting more and more better as the week goes by. I take photos every day of my animals and I have taken some photos of her while she looked bad and now getting better so far. Knock On Wood..

I just wanted to share that news with you all. :)

2. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

That's wonderful news - glad to hear that she's doing well. :)

Nothing crazy about that - you obviously care very much for your animals, like me! (I still mourn for a horse I lost to colic twenty years ago - and don't get me started about my old dog . . .)

3. AllWolf

Here is the photos of how bad she looked at first and I took photos of her as she was getting better and bette. Please excuse the mess in the floor but at first she couldn't get up to eat on her own so had hay in floor and her food in a bowl alone with giving her water in a bowl every so often and other stuff in a bottle..

Emily on Day 1

After you see the first keep going to the next ones of her. You will see how she is getting better. I know of other people would just give up on her and either kill her or just let her die but not me. I worked and worked with her now look at her.. Today she is in the dinning room on her old towel chewing her cud and enjoying watching ever move I make.. We love her so much and so far seems to be a heck of a tough gal.. :)

As I have always stated my goats is my life. You give them TLC they will return it also. :)

4. AllWolf

pookshollow
    Thanks for the really nice comments.. I sure do care for our animals. I do everything I can to save them. If they can not be save then mother nature will still take them no matter what you do. Everytime I have a animal to get down sick I sit and pray for them to get well.

5. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Thanks for sharing the pictures - it's helpful to see things like this. I've not (yet!) experienced a selenium deficiency problem, so it's good to have an idea of what it looks like.

She's a tiny thing, isn't she? Four months, I think you said? Anyway, she does look much better in the last two pictures. You'll know she's recovered when you find her on your countertop, looking in the cupboards for snacks! :p

6. fishhead

fishhead Well-Known Member Supporter

It's good to read a success story. I hope she continues to improve.

7. goatmarm

goatmarm Well-Known Member