Looking For Work

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by straitcountry, Dec 17, 2003.

1. straitcountry

straitcountry New Member

My name is Jason, and I am 20 years old. I am looking for a job/ live-in position on a farm, ranch, or homestead. Prefer an organic produce farm, or a livestock ranch of some type. Would like to work for room and board, with possibly a small cash wage. Location does not matter- I am open to any options and looking for a change. I am conservative and reserved, detail oriented, hard working guy. Have carpentry, landscaping, tree surgery, gardening, livestock, equipment operation, computer, auto repair, remodeling, and security guard experience, as well as an Associates Degree. I have a picture availiable, and several references could be provided. I would welcome any e-mails or replys in this regard. Thanks in advance!!

2. You should get in touch with WWOOF - I think the website is www.wwoof.org -- they offer a list of farms all over the world looking for people just like you.

3. Wow, that's quit a portfolio you got there! I'm more than twice your age and I don't believe my experience covers half as much as yours.

4. Try yahoo groups: type in Rivendell community. I dont have the link but you can find it. They are located in WA. in the rainforest and are building a 160 acre farm that will have organic farming and sustainable living. They are looking for people who would like to come and work/live. You would have to check it out to get on the info. Good luck

5. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

There was a gal up in Maine who had a farm.......Peace and Carrots. She wasn't feeling well and couldn't get help, so don't know if she is still running her place.

6. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken that is in Vermont. I can't remember where nor the website however. I'll do a search.

ah yes here it is.

http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/index.html

7. straitcountry

straitcountry New Member

Thank you guys for all the helpful info and websites! If you come across any other places, I'd be glad for the help. -Jason