Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stack of manilla envelopes several inches high filled with articles and plans from TMEN and other homesteading-type magazines. Years ago I clipped and saved plans for a wood stove made from two or three old water heater tanks. It's an upright stove so has a small footprint, but it has an oven, a cooktop, and a water reservoir. I have a friend here who does metalwork and was thinking I'd show him the plans for that stove and see if he could build it for me, but I CAN'T FIND THEM!!! Aaaarrrgh! :) I've gone through my envelopes three times and it isn't in there! So I was wondering if anyone still has that old TMEN (it must be twenty years old or more), and if you do, if you could photocopy or scan those plans for me. I'd be glad to pay something for them. Also, if anyone here has ever built or used one of those stoves I'd be glad to hear comments on how it actually worked.

Thanks,

Kathleen in Oregon

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I didn't realize they had all the old issues archived! What a resource -- maybe I don't need that stack of manilla envelopes any more! ;) (Nah, you never know whether the power will be on when you need some info, so I'll be keeping my stash of articles!).

Thanks again, everyone!

Kathleen

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, hmmm. I just spent an hour or so browsing through the TMEN archives -- lots of useful stuff there, I saved a few articles, and will go back and save some more. And, I found the stove plan I was looking for -- but all that's there are some pictures. The text is entirely missing! So, back to my original request: the article title is Mother's Compact Woodstove Heater (at least that is the title in the archives, I have a feeling they've altered the titles a little in some cases), and it is in issue #72. If anyone has that back issue, could you get in touch with me, please? I will pay for cost of copying that article and mailing it.

Thank you,

Kathleen in Oregon

·
Registered
11,300 Posts
BlueJuniperFarm said:
Well, hmmm. I just spent an hour or so browsing through the TMEN archives -- lots of useful stuff there, I saved a few articles, and will go back and save some more. And, I found the stove plan I was looking for -- but all that's there are some pictures. The text is entirely missing! So, back to my original request: the article title is Mother's Compact Woodstove Heater (at least that is the title in the archives, I have a feeling they've altered the titles a little in some cases), and it is in issue #72. If anyone has that back issue, could you get in touch with me, please? I will pay for cost of copying that article and mailing it.

Thank you,

Kathleen in Oregon
Kathleen,PM me so i dont forget and early next week I will look it up,scan it and send it to you in adobe acrobat form, PDF.I will need your email address too.
BooBoo
ps,its been awhile,but I will figure out again how i send those things,I think its PDF

·
Registered
11,300 Posts
BlueJuniperFarm said:
Thanks for the PM,I will send em email Monday or Tuesday.If i cant email em,will copy and send to you, no problem.
OK,just checked,I have it,its three pages.
PS,Mrs BooBoo got me the pretty much complete TMEN from issue one to 1990 I think, for christmas a couple years ago on Ebay,its an awesome resource library.
BooBoo

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Is the article written by Ken Kern? He wrote a book that included the article with a whole lot more information. The name of the book is Ken Kern's Masonry Stove. He included many modifications made by others around the world.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts