Looking for some goat milk as a Christmas present

Discussion in 'Goats' started by linuxboy, Dec 5, 2005.

1. linuxboy

linuxboy Member

Hi,

I thought of a great gift for my retired dad and need about a gallon of goat milk to pull it off. I don't know of many sources here and thought to post to see if anyone could help me out. I live in Bellevue, WA (Puget Sound area) and ideally am looking for someone in the area so that I could drive and pick it up. If anyone is local or knows a source, can you please help me out?

I know of a family in Covington who have LaManchas, but they're not milking right now and I'm stuck.

Thanks! :)

2. ilikefathorses

ilikefathorses My Horse Really Is Fat

I have heard of a goat farm in the SeaTac area. I think it's on Military Road somewhere. I'm not sure how close that is to you. I could look around and find out...

3. linuxboy

linuxboy Member

I would really appreciate it if you gave me any leads. Are there any associations in the area that anyone knows of? Would be very grateful for any guidance or some contacts.

PS. Seatac is 20 mins away. That would be excellent.

4. outofmire

outofmire Well-Known Member

you could try the realmilk website (google it). It gives a listing by state of milk for sale, most of it goat milk.

5. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

Military Road? Mark Baden, Tacoma. Whether or not he'd sell milk, I don't know. He uses a milking machine and is extremely sanitary, but I'm not sure if he'd sell it. Run a search for Olentangy Alpines.