Looking for saddle stand plans

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bergere, Feb 2, 2004.

1. bergere

bergere Just living Life

Well, I posted this request on the Equine forum and did not get much response.
    Sooo..... Does anyone out there know where I can get free plans to a nice wooden saddle stand?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.

3. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

A saw horse design with a folded warm up blanket mounted on it was what I stored my saddle on. I stained and aged it for astetics.

4. I know you are looking for wood plans but I am still a fan of the 55 gal barrels for saddles and blankets. They can be painted so cute(ours had a "neck and legs" of angle iron and a mail box for a head). We had a "pinto" and a "paint" , and an appy(leopard). They had manes and tails too! LOL And then there is all the storage space inside the barrel for brushes, hoof picks etc. Also had shelves in ours(one shelf in each one) and that was cool too. Room for horse treats and if you use the lid they are varmit tight. Have fun.....LQ

5. beowoulf90

beowoulf90 Well-Known Member Supporter

Here is a link I found, hope it helps.

www.qhorses.com/links1/Tack_and_Equipment?ID=1560

I tried this link with out much success, but you might have better luck.

6. Hi bergere! I'm still trying to log on! We are working on it. I tried to send you an e-mail but the software won't let me....sigh...so I'll ask you here. I ran into an old photo of the horse-barrel saddle stands we used to make. If you'll send ME an e-mail I'll shoot the pix to you if you would like.

LQ

7. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

We have made several wooden saddle stands, if I can, I will try to send you a picture.