Looking for price

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by PygmyLover, Dec 18, 2006.

1. PygmyLover

PygmyLover nigerian & pygmy breeder

Hey I have NO CLUE about sheep but a friend of mine asked me "what is the going price for sheep?" and I thought I would see if you could help me. They are in need of replacing a sheep. Anway I know there are so many breeds of sheep out there. But this sheep was small at its full grown size and multi colored. I have no clue if that helps or not. I don't want my friend to be ripped off by the owner asking for a large amount for this ewe (she and the others were in terrible condition in the first place, my friend paid to have the vet out and fixed up the others but couldn't help this ewe, she had endotoxemia).

Anway an aprox price for a ewe would be nice. Thanks.

2. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

I've paid anywhere from $25 to $450 for mine. Lower end for grade sheep, older sheep, pasture ornaments. More for sheep that are registered breeding stock and a bit harder to come by. I'd expect on average to pay $75-$125 for the more plentiful breeds.

3. PygmyLover

PygmyLover nigerian & pygmy breeder

thanks I appreciate it.

4. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

kespoaps is in the ballpark for us... $600 for a fine registered pb ram (foundation stock) to $200 for an untested ram lamb. Roughly $300-450 for an ewe lamb to ewe.