Looking for mobile home

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Wisconsin Lisa, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Wisconsin Lisa

Wisconsin Lisa Active Member

Long story short- My divorce should be finished in a couple months. YAY!!!
    My half of the land settlement is about 90 acres. I'm moving myself, my lovely daughter 12 horses, and all my critters. I do NOT want to build a house as I may move in 3 years. I'm looking for a mobile home to buy in Wisconsin. 16x80 3 Bd 2 bth. Used, but not abused. If anyone knows of one, please e-mail me. twooaksfarm@redwing.net Thanks all!

2. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

I don't have one or know of one. But I used to buy them and finance them for folks that couldn't afford to pay cash. My advice, to get the best deal, is to stay away from dealers. You can find them for a lot less from individuals. Also, visit some mobile home parks in your area, you will find a few "for sale signs". Talk to the manager; they usually know of someone in dire straits that need to unload their MH fast for cash. There are finance companies out there that specialize in MH loans. Some put out "bid lists" for their repossessed units and most sell to private individuals. This is the way lots of MH dealers get their units. Markup is HIGH, and cash talks. Good luck.

3. happy@home

happy@home Well-Known Member

I don't know if this helps or not but I've been watching the ads in the local paper for a mobile home for my mom, if we can convince her to move to our property. You might want to go to the library and go through the newspapers from around the state and check the classifieds, not sure how much distance you want to move a mobile home from but if there isn't anything available in your area it's one way to check out the rest of the state.

4. OldYellersGhost

OldYellersGhost Well-Known Member

There are a whole bunch over here that as far as I'm concerned, you can just have!

5. Immaculate Sublimity

Immaculate Sublimity Seriously?

best value for your $$ is to go with a repo...alot of banks have their repos listed on the net, eliminating the middle man.
    Diana