Looking for meat rabbits is NW washington

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kidsngarden, Aug 12, 2006.

1. kidsngarden

kidsngarden Well-Known Member

We would like a couple does and a buck for meat. Not sure which breed, but around here the large ones are hard to find. Any clues?

kids

2. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

NW Washington...hmm, there's some commercial breeders in Washington, exactly where, I'm not sure. LOL, Pat Lamar would know of people out there...she's in Washington state. :D

3. Tessynae

Tessynae Well-Known Member

Which breeds are the best? I have heard that it is best to mix the breeds like have one male californian and two females New Zealand whites. Not sure if that is true yet. I haven't got mine yet. :)

4. Carrie C

Carrie C Well-Known Member

I'll have some standard Rex kits (hopefully) this weekend. They are coming from good meat lines. Many will tell you that rexes are not good for meat, and that is true some of the time, but I raise my rexes almost entirely for meat and they grow just as well as New Zealands or Californians and have the plush pelts. Some large scale buyers won't buy rexes, especially the colored ones, but if you are just looking for yourself and maybe friends, they are absolutely great. I am near Tacoma, Washington.
    ~Carrie C.

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden Well-Known Member