Looking for Lionheads in WI or near

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by dbarjacres, Mar 18, 2005.

1. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

I need a lionhead buck. jr. or sr. doesn't matter. want decent breeding quality, any color but black or REW please. Thanks!

2. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Have you checked the lionhead site for breeders? I didn't look to see if they listed any or not, but the site has some pretty good info anyway :)

3. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

yeah, I've checked that site. No help. Nobody has any available, a couple of breeders are down right rude and won't even answer my questions. I suppose because I asked the price, they consider me not worthwhile. I've found a lot of these "expert" LH show breeders get $100 and up for one rabbit. I won't pay over $50, and that's a lot for a rabbit. So, hoping to find some "normal" LH breeders out there that have good quality stock and don't care about their stupid recognition certificates and what they've "developed" in their lines like these other snobs too. Sorry, but finding some rabbit breeders are as stuck up and pompus as show dog breeders.

4. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

I got really lucky in the dog world, I guess, as the first dog I had was co-owned with the breeder, and she had a stellar reputation! Plus, she was a doll and helped me along.

But yeah, I know what you mean. I posted on another rabbit forum and got ingnored because I obviously said the wrong thing.... I think if the LH breed is having a difficult time with health issues, then of course the breeders need to be careful when selecting who to sell to, but there's no excuse for rudeness in place of education!