Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for feeder pigs. I know it is late in the season to be my connection fell through this year. Looking for any input or leads anyone might have for Upstate New York or even Pennsylvania. Ultimately looking for 6 to 8 pigs but will take a smaller amount. Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I am looking for feeder pigs. I know it is late in the season to be my connection fell through this year. Looking for any input or leads anyone might have for Upstate New York or even Pennsylvania. Ultimately looking for 6 to 8 pigs but will take a smaller amount. Thanks in advance everyone.
Look under Craigs list for Syracuse, Binghamton, etc. Always some listed OR type in what you are looking for and only pigs will come up. I live near Binghamton and lots around here. Call if you need help 607 725-2623

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Also...The Broome County Farm Auction is this weekend. The animals are today and other tomorrow. At the Broome County Fair Grounds in Whitney Point. Usually starts with the cattle and then other farm animals...always pigs. In other years it has started at 4PM..today!

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,299 Posts
In Michigan, any pigs that enter a livestock auction must go to slaughter, never home. Just too easy to spread diseases. Some will let a seller auction their feeders from the back of their truck or trailer, in the parking lot.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
Wouldn't think it's too late in the season.....5-6 months and a 40lb feeder will be 250lb easy.

But good luck finding them.....seems most in our area have quit the business. I finally found two the other day, and they were 75-80lbs for $80ea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts