Looking for dairy goat to buy OHIO

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Jyllie63, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Jyllie63

Jyllie63 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi! We are searching for Saanen goats. My daughters tell me they have great tasting milk. I'm having such a hard time finding Saanen's for sale. Is there another breed that is similar? I've had goat milk before and thought it was horrid but it was from a totally different breed (I don't know which kind...she was pretty big though). So to play it safe I've been looking for Saanen's since I know the milk is yummy. Any suggestions???

2. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

3. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

If the milk was 'horrid' it probably wasn't properly handled. Most people can't taste a difference... and those that do usually say that it tastes better. However, if it isn't handled properly, it DOES get a very bad taste. Ewww.

Have you tried googling? I've found several dairy herds in my area by doing so. It works pretty good, IMO. :)

4. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

I am in IN and raise Saanens. My website is http://freewebs.com/hickorystickfarms Kickadee Hill does have VERY nice saanens. That's where my buck came from . Her animals are awesome. Thanks!!

5. ma1bob

ma1bob Victory Gardener

Where are you located in Ohio? We are just across the PA/OH border off of I-80. This is Saanan wonderland around here. Lots of Amish dairy goat farms with Saanan being the prevelant breed. Let me know if we can help.

Cheers

Bob

6. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member