Looking for Californian or NZ breeder in NC

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by claytonpiano, Feb 2, 2005.

1. claytonpiano

claytonpiano Well-Known Member Supporter

We have been looking for six months for breeding stock for either Californians or NZ here in Central North Carolina. Can anyone direct us to someone? I would also love a pair of Angoras, but so far all we can find are Rex and Lops.

2. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

I'll make a deal with you! You tell me where you're finding Rex in NC, and I'll direct you to a couple of Angora breeders. :D How's that for a good deal? I can only find mini-Rex and any kind of lop you could possible want! And mutts, of course.

You can pm me for contacts.

Meg

3. Runners

Runners A real Quack!

My daughter can set you up with Californians - she was at last weekend's ARBA show in Mocksville, NC., with 9 of them.

She has one registered as "Bunzilla" - a nice chunky doe :haha:

(I'm glad rabbit doesn't taste like chicken, life would be so boring!)

4. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

=======

Just where in NC ?? I live in Lincoln county ,, sometimes I have quite a few :haha:

I'm taking 30+ 11 week old fryers to the processor in Siler City Tuesday ,, W New Zealand and New Zealand / Californian crosses

I have 25 total - 6 week old ,, W New Zelands , 'Red' NZ's & WNZ/Cal X's kits right now ,, (the red kits are from a red nz doe and a white nz buck they are a mixed reddish color coat)

I'm planning on breeding my 3 WNZ does that I have left ,, with only my WNZ buck this time around and no Cal crosses ,, I have no Cal does right now ,, but do have a very nice Cal buck if I do say so myself :haha: ,,,

for a home use meat rabbit I've been told first generation crosses make good breeders ,, I've been back into raiseing rabbits for about two years now ,, I'm just mostly a 'hobby' breeder and I just recently cut back my brood stock by selling 3 breeding age nz does & 1 nz buck ,, heck my best doe is my English Spot ,, don't matter which buck ,, she has nice fat litters and her kits get the biggest ,, go figure :p

I know of one or two breeders possibly near you ,, you might want to visit the yahoo groups ; Californians and The_Rabbit_Market ,, both are good sources of info on breeders here in the Carolinia area ,, not very busy groups but they answer questions and you don't get attacked for asking how to bop the bunny :p

Good luck on your hunt

Tammy

5. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

========

One Day makes a Difference :

How close to Lincoln County are you ,, I'm tired of hearing hubbys bitching about 'my' rabbits ,, the proverbeal last straw was this morning ,, him fussing about me hauling a bale of hay in the car ,, ((YES it was in the trunk!))

I have 3 White New Zealand does (1 - 9 months old 2 - 1 3/4 yr old) and 1 WNZ buck 1 yr ,, all pureblood ,, all 3 does have had litters for me (I only got them as breeders about 4 months ago) ,, I'm selling out ,, only going to keep my 'first' pair of rabbits as pets ,, (he'll have to get over it with them)

I normally sell breeding age rabbits for $35 each buck or doe but if someone buys all 4 I will reduce the price ,,

let me know if your interested ,,

I might have a wire hanging cage for sell too ,, 15 ft long 24 inches wide x 18 inches high ,, divided into 5 'holes' each 36 inches long

Tammy

6. claytonpiano

claytonpiano Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Tammy, Sorry to hear about your difficulty with the hay, etc. Yes, we are interested, but we live in Raleigh. Where are you in Lincoln? PM me and let me know. My husband will actually be in Winston-Salem tomorrow. Is that anywhere close?

7. medic220

medic220 New Member

Hello, Tammi do you still have any rabbits and cages for sale ? I live in Lincolnton, NC