Looking for bulk corn seed

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by CowboyBunny, Jan 20, 2007.

1. CowboyBunny

CowboyBunny Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a source of open pollinated yellow dent corn in quantities larger than the average package that most seed companies sell, anyone have any recommendations? I'm figuring on about 4-5 pounds.

Thanks!
    Tami - Heritage Corner Poultry

2. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

There should be a seed store somewhere close to you that sell to farmers. They will sell them by the pound.
    Also any catalog you have has a 1-800 number on them. They will more than likely give you a good price on it by the pound.

3. CowboyBunny

The problem is I'm looking for open pollinated (heirloom). No one local carries any OP and most catalog companies only sell in pre-packaged amounts which adds up in a hurry when compared to bulk. I have found a source for OP red corn (Bloody Butcher) in bulk and will go with this if I can't find a yellow. Thanks!

4. SquashNut

SquashNut Well-Known Member

5. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Rty R H Shumway they have 15 or more O P Corns for sale PLus A huge selection of Sweet O P Corn.

6. CowboyBunny

Squash Nut - Thanks, this is what I was looking for and my searches hadn't turned up this company. Have you ordered from this company before (Morgan County Seeds)? Has anyone?

Thanks!

7. SquashNut

SquashNut Well-Known Member

No, I don't order from them and there is not much on garden watch dog for them either.
    http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/5020/
    I gotten my seeds from Mountain Valley seeds in utah for 4 years now. They have a web site, but don't have the corn seed you want.