Looking for breeding stock in NH

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by buspete, May 29, 2005.

1. buspete

buspete Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a breeding trio of meat rabbits in New Hampshire?

We live on the NH/VT border, about halfway up the state.

2. LizMovingNorth

LizMovingNorth Member

Hi, I'm in the same area (Lebanon, NH) and I was looking and didn't find anyone nearby. I've decided to wait a year, but I do have the email address of someone on the other side of the state who has some, if you want his email I can dig it out for you.
    Liz

3. LizinNH

LizinNH Well-Known Member

What breed of rabbits are you looking for? Two of my Champagne D'argent cross does recently had litters. The kits will be ready to go in about 3 weeks. Let me know if you are interested. I'm in Wolfeboro NH.
    Liz

4. buspete

buspete Well-Known Member

Champagne D'argents would be great, basically we are looking for anything that would get big enough to worth growing out to eat, and they get pretty big.

We are going away on the last weekend of June, so it would be best for us to hold off on getting them until after we get back. (plus, I need to get hutches built)

Did you ever get rid of the bear?

5. LizinNH

LizinNH Well-Known Member

Hi, after june would be perfect the kits should be weened by then. Yes the bear is still hanging around but hasn't bothered us much lately. The bear tried to get into my chick brooder two nights ago. but no luck. We'll get it eventually.
    Drop me a line when you are ready for the bunnies.
    Liz