Looking For A Quiet Place

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by xcarpjs, Mar 20, 2004.

1. xcarpjs

xcarpjs Guest

I am 26 year old male from California looking for an opportunity to live on-land in exchange for either physical services (EX: farm work, yard work, mechanical work, willing to learn, house sitting...) OR spiritual services (8 years in the ministry. I am looking for the opportunity to be secluded for a while and work for my food, bills, and housing if possible with a little income, as if a camping position. I would love to hear anyone interested in this proposition. I am very serious about this and am willing to learn any trade necessary...I look forward to hearing from you.

2. joan from zone six

joan from zone six Well-Known Member

go back 2 or 3 weeks on this site - lady looking for someone to live on and manage a small poultry operation

3. townmouse

townmouse Well-Known Member

I found a large organic farm in Tennessee on the 'net....

www.peacefulpastures.com

I noticed they have an apprenticeship and some other employment opportunites, sounded a little like what you're looking for. They mention the large number of churches in the area, maybe a good fit for you because of that too.

4. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

Check local state and federal parks. They look for caretakers (guides, watchperson) as seasonal help. They provide housing + salary.