Looking for a home

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Deborah, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Deborah

Deborah New Member

If any of you out there know of a place for a homesteader without a home let me know. Lost my place due to an injury and am now homeless, with 6 dogs, living in an old Dodge motorhome. Looking for a place to live and can work. Used to raise goats, rabbits, chickens, etc. Currently in Wyoming can relocate.
    Thanks.

2. goatlady

goatlady Well-Known Member Supporter

The 6 dogs are a killer Deb. I have 4 cats and a dog and chickens. Otherwise, you would be welcome here for a while.

3. ozarkin'it

ozarkin'it Well-Known Member

why dont you private message me and we can talk. I have 15 or so dogs of my own, so not a big deal.

4. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

What kind o' dogs? You can probably plug in here, but no RV septic/dump?? Any ideas? NE Texas.

5. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

Get ahold of Carla Emery. She is looking for someone to take care of her place while she goes away. Might be able to work something out with her.

6. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Hi> I am currently a homeless homesteader too. My 2 daughters and I are staying with my sister and my livestock are boarded. I think I am going to have something soon. When I get something, you and your dogs are welcome until you can get on your feet.

7. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

I am sorry that I cannot help, but wanted to let you all know that you have restored my faith in humanity and I thank you!

8. southernchick

southernchick Member

Deborah, Sorry to hear about your ingury and you losing your place. You are more than welcome to come to SC........we have an extra kennel for your dogs, if they need to be fenced in, if not, they can roam with our Bernese Mt Dog, Apache.
    I know we're a long way from Wyoming, but we are willing to help any way we can.

May God Bless You and your precious dogs.

((((((((HUGS))))))))
    Karen

9. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

Deborah, I just found this ad on the White Mountains Online website:

POSITION OFFERED: Caretaker Needed " Free rent "
    Categories: Announcements
    Employment
    Pets & Supplies No
    Photo

Ad Number: 9012
    Date Posted: 09/05/2004
    8750 Churchill Rd
    Snowflake , Az 85937

Telephone: 928-536-4169
    E-Mail: Reply to Ad
    Web Site:

Description
    DO YOU NEED A PLACE TO LIVE?
    Rent Free?
    Would like to have some one honest reliable, to live on property, to feed and water horses and dogs,for about 5 months, starting "NOW" I have hook ups! horses OK, dogs OK, Kids? maybe
    ASAP
    NEED A PLACE TO LIVE, RENT FREE!
    LETS TALK
    Call Rose @ (928)536-4169

This is in the White Mountains of Arizona, in the east-central part of the state. The link to the website is http://www.wmonline.com, and the ad was posted yesterday in the announcements section of the classifieds. Hope this helps.

10. wheeezil

wheeezil Well-Known Member

You might want to look into filing a mining claim on BLM land I believe it only costs about $100.00 .