Looking for a home off the beaten path?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ravenlost, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

2. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

............I didn't see the amount of estimated closing cost(s) listed . Or maybe I just over looked that particular facet of the transaction . There's a kicker in there somewhere but i'd want a confirmation from the seller that , If I was the high bidder that my BID was ALL I'd have to pay . Absent that confirmation statement from the seller , I'd NOT consumate the transaction , fordy.. :)

3. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

i agree with the matches and i wouldnt waLK AWAY FROM MUCH YOU CAN SEE WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH A HOUSE THAT DIDNT LOOK MUCH BETTER THEN THAT WWW.RUSHINGTRAIL.COM WE WILL BE SELLING IN VA. AND MOVEING TO THE OZARKS THIS YEAR

4. 2horses

2horses I'm a silly filly!! Supporter

LOL - you took the words right off of my keyboard!!!

Pam :cool:

5. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Thanks for the post Ravenlost. I would think someone here might have some interest.

While I would want to ask more questions about the property such as zoning, easements, and just how often the washed out road washes out, the seller does have a pretty good Ebay satisfaction rating, so I expect the deal can be workable.

Might be a great camping place while a different structure is built if it wouldn't satisfy someone with work.

Ravenlost, don't you need another weekend cabin?

6. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

Thats funny b/c some time ago my hubby dreamnt that he bought a house on ebay....when we got there...only 2 rooms were finished, the others in stud. Hes not the kind of person to not ask questions, so this was rather odd.

7. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

LOL...when I showed it to my husband I told him I'd found some property with a mobile home that needed to be burned down! Of course, a handy person could tear it down for materials...the siding could be used for roofing, etc. Anyway, I just thought someone might be interested. The area is very pretty...very wooded and this acre looked nice and isolated.

8. jack_c-ville

jack_c-ville Well-Known Member

Hey Mtman, where in Virginia are you and how much are you selling for? I'm in Charlottesville, selling my former fixer-upper in the next few months and looking for at least a few acres of homesteading property somewhere in the general vicinity. That pond looks nice and you did a great job on the house.

-Jack

9. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

thank you we are in va. beach now will be selling around agust not a lot of property here a house with a yard maybee one third of acre prices have gone up here a lot the house we are in now needs nothing ready to move in dont know what we are asking at this time