Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'm certainly not finding healthy, standard rex rabbits here.
I will be travelling from Morristown, TN to the Roanoke, VA area this upcoming weekend. I would like at least a pair, probably a trio and maybe even more.
Anyone have or know of anyone who has healthy standard rex rabbits for sale along the route? I'll be going straight up I-81.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Not to be rude but LOL
I got mine from way up north PA and then others in OH and from Convention in TX, and those originally came from Utah.
There's no Rex in VA for sale right now and if there is, they'll be sold before the ad is an hour old! I won't have kits born til mid-late spring.

http://rabbitbreeders.us/rex-rabbit-breeders

http://nationalrexrc.org/breeders.htm

Check Craigslist, google rex breeders and the state you're going through.
Facebook has rex groups, join and search.

Now if you don't want or need pedigrees....you have a slightly better chance of finding them. But it's easy for those people to mix a mini and a standard and sell you a pure standard, so watch out for that.

·
aka RamblinRoseRanc :)
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rexes here in TN either. A friend and I bought what was SOLD as baby standards.....and turned out to be minis, of course. :(
Already checked cl and posted to the two fb rabbit pages I belong to.
The rex we DO have came from way up in Ohio, too.
Seem to be quite a bit easier to find out west.
Thanks for the links :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are located in Rixeyville, VA and raise Standards. If this weeks breeding takes, we'll have kits ready to go in January/February. I'm expecting black otter, broken black, broken black otter from this breeding -- maybe even some blues, will just have to wait and see. We also have several other upcoming litters -- red, opal, castor, broken's. All are pedigreed from great lines -- Mann, Fierst's, Double R, etc

www.thefewellhomestead.blogspot.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts