lookin for homesteading couples to communicate with my fiance and i

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by wannabefree, Mar 5, 2004.

1. wannabefree

wannabefree Member

I just joined the other day posted and recieved 5 replies in on day .Thanks for the reply. Now I am looking for couples in or around michigan to talk to that are homesteading opr want to. I am real excited about it all and can't wait to start but there are a few things that need to taken care of first but the dream is alive and I intend to keep it that way.

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

There are several Michiganders on here.. Just ask your questions as they come to you, and you will get answers.

3. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Unks right, just ask and you will receive. :haha: There are a lot of us non-Michiganders that will throw in our two cents too.
    BTW, Welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest for the good life. :)

4. Kirk

Kirk Well-Known Member

Wannabefree,
    Hi welcome to the forum. I live in Custer Michigan. If you live nearby and want lots of "hands on practice" I have a honeydo list a mile long, ;) . I'm not really an experienced homesteader, we just moved here in October. We are ordering chickens next week and planning our garden. So far that is the extent of our homesteading.
    Kirk

5. wannabefree

wannabefree Member

Thanks for the replies, Kirk my brother lives north of you in freesoil and has a machine shop on the highway its called Hastings Tool and Machine if you need any thing machined he is reasonable and will probably have some good advice for living in the area. I lived in Manistee for a few years and worked at the House of Flavors factory in Ludington, It is real nice up there but not much work around. I now live south of Grand Rapids but hopefully my homestead will be in Hastings. Haven't started yet but intend on building a cordwood house in the next few years.Should be fun Chickens will be interesting . Keep in touch and good luck.

6. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

If you don't have a subscription to Countryside Magazine, get one!