Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a ND doe that is pregnant and I made this so that my sisters (7, and 5yo twins) could learn how to milk and take care of their "own" goat!
Its not perfect, and it weighs more than my bigger one, but it will work.

Toby was wondering why I wasn't playing fetch, poor guy!

Milk jug shows how small it is.

I asked one of the 5yo twins how she would like to have a small goat. She informed me how much she missed the baby goats. I then asked her how she would like to milk her own goat, she said "that would be good, because the baby goats didn't have any squeets". :D

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,441 Posts
"Baby goats don't have any squeets." Bwa ha ha ha ha! That's a good one; only from a 5-year-old! Love it.

Great job! That's a ni-i-ice little milkstand! I use a full-sized one for my NDs, but have a removable extra platform for them, which allows them to stand up high enough to reach the feed.

Thanks for sharing with us.

NeHi

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
congratulation! well done. What a delightful thing to do for your sisters.

Maybe girls are quite different than boys.... but my sons, ages 5 & 6, cannot maintain focus for more than a few squeezes and then they are done. And no ability to coordinate closing off the top of the teat before squeezing. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
My 11 year old son loves to milk. I let him when we're not restricted by time (school and other time issues) I also just purchased a used machine, so we're learning how to use it.

·
Kathy
880 Posts
Nice job...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts