Hi! Still looking at property! One of these days I'll actually BUY something! I found a 1/2 acre spot. I know... I really want 10 acres, but to get out of town....1/2 acre will be heaven! This property is 66 foot frontage by 350-ish deep. Already has a new septic in, and an old well that may need to be redone. Had a house on it that was demolished and the site leveled. My thoughts.... I currently live on a corner lot in town....which means I have sidewalks on two sides of me that have to be maintained, shoveled, cleared, replaced, whatever at the city's whims. I currently owe $4K to replace one 135' stretch of sidewalk....but don't get me started on that! Anyway..... only having 66' of frontage makes me think that if I have to pay an assessment for the street, or whatever, it can't be much. Also, being 350' deep, I can do a lot towards the back of my property that no one will ever notice. Biggest bonus... I can buy it without selling my current house, so can fix it up and/or build as I can afford. With a septic system already in, I could probably put up a barn/garage and live in that if I had to, or just stay at my current home. My goal is to eventually sell my current home and get out somewhere that I can have a garden and fruit trees. The longer I wait to sell my home, the better I will be because it is being zoned commercial and, sooner or later, some development will want it (at a higher price than residential, I'm hoping! I have the first "develop-able" lot in that area, location-wise). In the meantime, this 1/2 acre parcel is only about 20 minutes from me. Close enough to go there to "play" whenever I desire. I'm doing a drive-by tonight. I'm excited. But on the other hand, I really want 5-10 acres and woods. Should I settle for less? "Less" may be all I can ever realistically afford! Just afraid that if I don't "go for it", I will sit in this house in town all my life and dream away waiting for the perfect opportunity. Whatcha think? You've all given me good advice before.