lol, i missed the first day!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by MELOC, Oct 1, 2006.

1. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

i did not fully read my hunting book this year and i missed the first day of archery season! pa started on sept. 30 this year and i was thinking it was the second weekend in october. :doh:

2. Don't worry your not alone. Today is our first day but I had to work all this weekend and I will not have a chance till next Saturday when my daughter goes on her youth hunt. I hope to be relying on her to put meat on the table this year. Still plenty of days left.

3. shelljo

shelljo Well-Known Member Supporter

Ya know, yesterday was our first day of archery season. We went out, but decided since the forecast was for 80+ degrees, we wouldn't shoot anything unless it was a trophy.

Now why did we go???

4. jross

jross swamper

Too hot for me. Our season has been in for a month. Just wrote a letter to the editor of the local drive by paper. Seems the anti hunters are starting their fall campaign. Worked on treestand today. We have a cold front coming in and it looks like the bucks are wandering, so maybe in a day or so.

5. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

I was wondering if anyone got anything. Hubby forgot to pick up deer tag, so he'll probably go tonight.
    Good luck everyone!

6. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

Im holding out until Muzzleloading season next Saturday. I messed up my hand and cant shoot my bow and the mosquitos are too tough LOL. Ive got both rifles fiine tuned and the stands are up so now its just a matter of time

7. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

You did not miss anything but the heat. Went out and I stunk from the sweat I know that is why nothing came by but a cayote.