Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
i've built a few, mostly using northern tool hydraulic parts. the metal stuff we fabricated. northern list log splitter valves (usually have a hydraulic operated detent), cylinder stroke depends on log length you plan to split, the diameter sets the tonnage you want with an available psi. most of the one's i have made are for farmers that use them behind the tractors they already own...so we tap into the tractor hydraulics. usually between 2400 and 2800 psi. if you have to purchase a motor and pump,,,,its hard to build cheaper than purchasing. info: the wedge northern has for sale is nothing but the normal steel used for structural building, we mill an edge on hot rolled steel, it works fine.

i think i have plans on acad,,,but they were designed using the i beams we had on hand... design is not hard, just be perpaired to shape, drill and weld heavy structural steel. be glad to help you if i can

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.