"Locusts"

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by whiterock, Apr 24, 2005.

1. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

Channel surfing brought up a stupid movie on tv. The premise is genetically altered grasshoppers get loose and terrorize the country.
    One of the most idiotic things was they ordered the farmers, nationwide to do an early harvest :haha: :haha: :haha:
    The dang idiots that write scripts think that all crops can be harvested on demand :haha: :haha: :haha:
    Just goes to show the lack of knowledge of the people in the world that think food is made in the back of the grocery store.
    If the rest of the pop was this ignorant there would'nt be much worry in a EOTWAWKI situation if it happened at a time shortly after planting. The fools would look at the crop, think it was grass and weeds and go on on their merry way. After they left and the crops came in the rest of us would be in good shape.
    ED

2. Old John

Old John Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Y'all,

We were channel surfing also and ran across something called:
    "Cirque du Soliel". I ended up watching about 6 hours of it Saturday
    and Sunday.
    AMAZING, the Acrobats, Aerialists, Contortionists, Clowns, all were just
    priceless. Wonderrful Show!
    Fanciful, Fantastical, Colorful, Riveting, Innovative.
    DSD said it has been around for a long time. It's out of Canada.
    It was just simply Amazing to this old man.

3. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the movie lacked a LOT. :haha:

Wish I would have watched what you watched Old John. :)

4. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    DANG: I forgot that was on and missed it. I LOVE REALLY BAD disaster flicks. Im sure they will repeat it. They zapped them with electricity. Thats a good solution...havent seen that one since they electrified the railroad tracks to slaughter the Killer Giant Bunnies in the Night of the Lepus.... one of my favorites.
    :haha: :rolleyes:

5. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

Old John
    Cirque had a program on showing how they make those shows, from auditions, practice, up thru the show. It was really interesting. And those artiiste are very fit and driven. If you ever get a chance to see the Making of... show, do so - gives you even a greater appreciatioin of the artiste.

And that one was good that you saw, watched bits and pieces of it during the weekend.

Angie

6. caberjim

caberjim Stableboy III

The GREATEST easter movie ever!!!

7. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

I watched a few minutes of it, until the 2 got away. I hate stupid things, especially stupid movies. And now I see didn't have to watch it, you guys just told me the ending! Woo hooo!

8. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

hee hee~ glad we weren't the only ones that got suckered into watching that awful movie last night. Kept waiting for them to start attacking and skeletonizing people but it never happened....Oh well, that's two hours of our lives we'll never get back. :no:
    Steph

9. C@TFISH

C@TFISH smells like garlic

Did they pick the dead locusts up and feed them to the poor? Good protein I hear.

10. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Dang! I thought I was the only one who had seen Night of the Lapis! I LOVED those shots of the giant man eating bunnies hopping around on the model railroad setup knocking over stuff.... :haha: wasn't that a great movie!

Grandfatherbear can't watch lawyer movies- they are way too far removed from reality for him. Same thing with me and medical shows... :haha:

11. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

I actually had a pet bunny I named Lepus in honor of that movie. :)
    Steph

12. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok, laugh if you will about Night of the Lepus, but I was very young and impressionable when I saw it and I was SCARED!!!!! I can remember walking home from a friends house after dark and looking up to the moon and seeing a "rabbit" on the moon and freaking out and running home hysterical. Gave me a major case of the hee bee jee bee's!!! LOL
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

13. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

When I was in my early teens we didn't have a TV, but my cousins who lived nearby did. Three times we went to their house to watch "The Birds" (don't ask me why!), and each time we walked home, in the dark, across the pasture, terrified!

Kathleen (who HATES horror movies!!)

14. ibcnya

ibcnya Well-Known Member

AngieM2, Driven is the word of those who are not fat and lazy and sitting on freedoms of those won by our fellow Americans. This goes for any fat and lazy population in the world anywhere. Just when ya think ya have it all.............ya fall....
    _

15. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, Night of the Lepus, such a classic. We used to watch that every Easter. bwahahaha. Remember the guy rolling around on the ground fighting with a giant stuffed rabbit? Ooohhhh scary stuff.

16. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    ROFLMAO SEEEEEE I always said Night of the Lepus was an american classic. Why doesnt TBS still show good trashy films like that instead of endless episodes of friends? Films like that were a staple of early TBS. Remember Frogs with Ray Milland? Or the black and white movie where the power lines fell on the worm farm and the worms took over the house. And who can forget The Legend of Bonnie Jean with a blonde Christian Slater, the epitome of Dirty white Boys (FAIRS FAIR) and the rocking beat of Invincible. Or Emilio Estevez the black sheep of the Sheen family in every waitress's nightmare movie, Overdrive. Bring them all back Ted Turner. Its the least you can do after marrying Jane Fonda. :rolleyes: :haha:

17. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

LOL! Foliomark, you would like the Mystery Science Theater on the Sci-Fi channel. It's one of my favorites!! Or should I say WAS one of my favorites, I'm not sure if it's on any more. :waa:

18. Snuffy

Snuffy Member

I saw a movie in the fiftys that had these aliens that replaced the spine of a human victim and control him or here. When an alien was cut out of a dead human, it looked just like a lobster!!!!

19. Philbee

Philbee Well-Known Member

I'm with Mark on this one. I LOVE corny old horror movies. Remember "Them"? Great stuff, just like going to the movies when we were kids.Can't remember what it was called but the one about the scientist ( with beautiful daughter, of course) who was experimenting and ended up with a bunch of killer shrews that ate everything on the island and then came for the people. It was a riot, the shrews were obviously dogs dressed up. The people escaped by putting garbage cans over themselves and waddling down to a boat. ROTFL. Jassytoo

20. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Does anyone remember a movie - I think I saw it in 1956 or 57 on my babysitters TV - real cheap budget for special effects- the bad and evil "thing" that terrorized the beautiful women was a flashlight beam shined on a darkened wall? The scary music played while the beam approached the unsuspecting victim- then suddenly would shine full on their face and they would scream and scream? Real cheesy I am sure- ANYONE out there ever see that one?