Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran across this 3 mo old puppy picture of" LIZZIE GIRL"taken 13 years ago.I had a thread about her last week telling about losing her.It sure is hard to take. I'v had family and friends that didn't bother me this much. I catch myself looking for her when I come inside.She was always what I saw first.Around 4 pm everyday if she was outside she would lay in the frontyard and watch down the driveway for MOMA coming home from work,then she would run and hitch a ride back to the house. I remember one time my wife called me to the window and said look at that. There" LIZZIE GIRL" was laying in the yard in the sunshine asleep with the CAT for her pillow. I opened the door real easy and said "LIZZIE GIRL" she jumped up and saw me which scared the cat, then the cat took off and" LIZZIE GIRL"made the cat climb the nearest tree as if the cat was her enemy, which we knew now it won't. So thanks folks for your kind words on the other thread, I knew I could count on you. Eddie

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Lizzie Girl sure was a cute one. I know how you feel, I've suffered so much more over losing some of my faithful animal companions than I ever did over some people I was close to. I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better, it just takes time and sometimes a new furry friend helps ease the pain. It still brings tears to my eyes to think about those I lost long ago, but we have new furry friends that bring us alot of joy now too. What's that saying - life goes on.... so true.

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
Wonder about my name? Ceres was my Girl--hubby was on the road, and I lived alone-When I came home and unlocked the door, if she wasnt standing there, I didnt go in-she saved my life on many occasions, I can still feel her silky hair under my hands-and yet, I feel disloyal to many wonderful friends I've had since. I'll never have another dog, at my stage of life, I wouldnt want to go off and leave them, it hurts too much.
Her tombstone reads-Ceres-Dear Friend--just beyond the moon. I know, even after 17 years, she's waiting-along with the others.
If you want a good cry, read "Rainbow Bridge".

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
I couldn't see the pic either, but I just know she must have been adorable. makes me sad all over again for your loss. it's why my hubby never wanted our dogs....because in the realm of things, their life is short. and I will grieve so deeply when the time comes. he wanted to spare me that, but while they are here....they give me so much joy and love. my shepherd never leaves my side (which gets a little strange since I move around a lot), his eyes are always watching. you've seen his smile...he is one in a million. my little husky gal is different. she isn't that cuddly, has a bit of a temper, but she is also my faithful friend forever. sorry...didn't mean to ramble.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
This is making me cry all over again. I miss our litttle Sunshine (Princess BooFoo from the land of Boofonia) so much. The only others that I miss as much are my father and maternal grandmother. If I could be given a gift of a million dollars or to get Sunny Bunny back, she'd be in my lap right now. I read a article once about people and their dogs. Over 80% would choose their dogs over money and relationships. And over 78% would risk their lives to save their dogs. The dog is the most special gift given to man by God. That's why Adam named him the reverse of God's name. My daddy told me that when I was little. I think he was on to something.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Making me cry all over again to for Milhouse, and that Wilson is getting so old and frail now.

It's so hard to see them go.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Eddie, what a precious picture. I know Lizzie Girl must have felt so happy to be a part of your family.

I had to be gone all day yesterday. On the way home, I told my DH that I missed all our babies SO much. They're all such an important part of our lives... our family.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Looking at your sweet pup, I started crying too.

We have 3 dogs now, but when I slow down I realize I still miss my Toby. He and I clicked the moment we met at the shelter. Toby always wanted to be near me and could read me like a book. 10 years wasn't enough!
<sniff>
deb
in wi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts