Livestock Tax

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Sailor, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Sailor

Sailor New Member

Well now, let's see. The USDA is planning on holding a public meeting on privatizing the livestock identification database. So what corporation do you suppose will grab that opportunity? I'm betting on Monsanto, myself. Don't worry. Their fees to register your livestock won't be too horrendous. :eek:

http://animalid.aphis.usda.gov/nais/

Now, once they've RFID-chipped and are GPS tracking all the livestock in the United States, how long do you suppose it will be before the idea of a "Livestock Tax" comes about? It would be much easier to enforce one with a National Animal Identification program. It'll make for some real interesting conversation around the stove down at the general store:

"Yeah, I used to have two-hundred head of Holsteins. But what with the livestock tax, I just couldn't keep 'em. I'm still farming, though! Got me twenty head of gerbil! They're OK, but a whole lot harder to milk than my Holsteins were..."

:bash:

2. CountryGoalie

CountryGoalie Well-Known Member

Well, okay, I am in opposition to the idenification system, and the idea of a livestock tax horrifies me, but I couldn't help but bursty out laughing when I read your gerbil scenario. Thanks for seeing the humor in even the worst situations. :rock:

3. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Need to pump em up with some hormones,LOL

BooBoo :p

4. edcopp

edcopp Well-Known Member

What livestock? :nana: