livestock crush plans

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by CindyOR, Apr 7, 2005.

1. CindyOR

CindyOR Well-Known Member

This isn't a real "mechanical" question, and I posted it under Cattle also, but I am hoping someone knows where I can find a plan to build a livestock crush.
    Any ideas? Something simple, not too technical. I have one plan, but I'm not an engineer and know what my limitations are.
    If no plans out there, any idea of where to shop for a used crush somewhere on the West Coast (preferably Oregon)?
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    timberviewfarmor@yahoo.com

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

3. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

Wopuld ya be referring to a "squeeze chute" with a head gate for catching cows and calves to do various things [vaccinate, ear tags, AI] with them?

Powder River is one manufactureer that was popular in the western states years ago, and a person should be able to find a used set up somewhere, however since they virtually dont wear out, and when they do are either repairable or aint worth it at all, i spect most people who have them either use them still or already sold them.

But it may be worth searching for. Seen an advertisement for a differnt outfit on RFD-tv last night after the longhorn cattle program which profiled the whole setup from chute to walkway and curved holdin pen.

William