livestock crush building plans?

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by CindyOR, Apr 7, 2005.

1. CindyOR

CindyOR Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there have a link to a place to find building plans for a simple livestock crush?
    I don't raise cattle, but thought they were most a like in size to what we do raise, which are reindeer. Because of the antler issue, I can't use a squeeze chute, so would like to build a crush so we can run them through a long tunnel and into the crush area to give them their shots, trim feet etc.

I've searched my standard areas of the internet without any luck. I'd be willing to buy a used one from someone in Oregon (too heavy to ship I would think), but haven't found a used or new one yet. So we are thinking of building one if we can find a plan.

Ideas? Thanks, Cindy

2. farminghandyman

farminghandyman Well-Known Member Supporter

3. farminghandyman

4. farminghandyman

5. unioncreek

unioncreek Well-Known Member Supporter

Cindy,

Here's a link to what they call a Medina Hinge http://www.candyscorral.com/Library/Management/medinahinge.shtml . It's what they use to Texas Longhorns. I only have a head catch for my longhorns, but they are getting too big to use it. I'm going to build a Medina hinge since it looks like it will work real well. Might work for you too.
    Bobg

6. CindyOR

CindyOR Well-Known Member

Sorry for my delay in responding to all your help. My computer was down for a long time.
    Thank you so much for all your help. I thought we would end up building it ourselves, and it looks like we will do that. I really appreciate all the links and information.
    Cindy