Livestock auctions in GA, TN, NC area?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by spam4einstein, Oct 11, 2005.

1. spam4einstein

spam4einstein Well-Known Member

Anyone know a decent livestock auction in North GA or close by. Im in Blairsville, ga

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

My recommendation is to drive around the area on a Sunday afternoon and when you see farms with cattle pull in and ask about the nearest livestock auction. They will know.

3. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

i used to go to one in canton, nc, but it has been 10+ years ago, so i am not sure if it is still there.

4. green5acres

green5acres Well-Known Member

Statesville N.C. hwy 21 off exit 54 on 77 N. mondays
    I believe they sell goats and an occasional llama, only been there once. Of course cattle too Ill ask my sil what all they have and get back to you, he sells cows there sometimes

5. spam4einstein

spam4einstein Well-Known Member

is it all catle or does it have other animals?
    Thanks

6. skruzich

skruzich Well-Known Member

Isn't there a auctionhouse around habersham? I am in dahlonega.
    I think theres one near royston.

7. skruzich

skruzich Well-Known Member

8. jeffreyc256

jeffreyc256 Well-Known Member

Roanoke alabama se of I20 about 1.5 hours out of Atlanta, and Ft Payne livestock market, don't know the easiest roads from GA but is is close to the interstate coming down from Chattanooga. you can also check online at the alabama farmers and consumers bulletin, which lists livestock and farm eqt also.

9. green5acres

green5acres Well-Known Member

=featherbottoms]In Wilkes County, NC there is a flea market andAlso, Alexander County (also NC), at the fairgrounds in Taylorsville, use to have a small animal auction once a week or so. We stopped once and it was goats, chickens, rabbits and a few sheep. I don't remember which day but you could probably call the fairgrounds and get someone that may know.

NO taylorsville anymore, they closed a few years back. Last time we were there we rode home with rabbits, 2 geese ducks chicks cant remember how many of each, my neighbor bought ,my dd bought, and so did I. 3 kids in jeep 3 adults. what 45 min a ride that was! They didnt have cattle. Tons of goats though and they were mostly being bought for restaurants.

10. GAchickenguy

GAchickenguy KS boy stuck in GA

I Go to an Auction up in North GA above Gainsville near White City on Duncan Bridge Rd. It is the Old Chattahoochee Livestock Barn. Its run by Wayne Coker and you can contact them for more info at 770-540-8418. When I go up there we go up 985 North of Gainsville and South of Toccoa by about 13 miles.

11. chris30523

chris30523 Well-Known Member

I have been to the one in Cleveland GA.I don't know what you are looking for but there were some pretty sad looking animals there.I would be afraid to bring anything home because of disease.The farmers consumers market bulletin lists private owners with all sorts of live stock for sale.I would rather see where the animal was raised.