Little white eggs EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Kee Wan, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Kee Wan

Kee Wan Well-Known Member

I went out to the garden this morning, and covering EVERYTHING were little white eggs. About the size of a pin head - or thereabouts. They were laid on the leaves (mulch) on the little "helicopters" fallen from teh maple trees, on any thing that was on the ground in the garden.

I pulled out ALL the mulch - and bagged it and sent it out with the trash - whatever it was, i just was feeling like I CERTAINLY did not want that many o them in the garden.....

I only saw them in the raised bed - not anywhere else - and not on the lower border beds next to the raised beds.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks

2. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Just a guess (I am definitely not an expert)...could it have been a mold or fungus?

/VM

3. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

It sounds like slugs or snails. I wouldn't want all those eggs hatching out in my beds either!

4. Heritage

Heritage Well-Known Member

Maybe, and this is just a guess....miniature bantam chickens? You could have a gold mine on your hands.........:) sorry, I couldn't resist. :shrug:

5. Kee Wan

Kee Wan Well-Known Member

Well - I'm SURE that it was not a mold or fungus. It was definatly little eggs. Very distinct. I wish that I could have gotten a picture.

Possible that it was slugs or snails.....but I havne't seen any of either in the garden....
    Oh - well, as long a I don't get overrun with some pestilance.....

I have not seen any more since I got them all out - but I lost LOTS of mulch in the process....

Oh, well....livea nd learn

6. backwoods

backwoods Well-Known Member

Middle TN, Where the Hilltops Kiss the Sky
    See any little white or blue moths around before you saw the eggs?

7. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

earwigs lay little white eggs on the ground under wood and such but they are a lot bigger than a pin head.