Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some blood on our concrete patio and went to find the source... one of our dogs had what I assumed was a cut on her foot. It had bled quite a bit and she was three-legged. When I rinsed her foot off I found a little half-inch purple thing sticking out of her paw and bleeding pretty good. Maybe a skin tag that got snagged on something? It's bleeding almost like it's a little vein or something. I'm sure it's a part of her but for a second I was wondering if something trying to get into her foot. It's just so bizarre looking... Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't see any blood actively coming out of it right now but when I rinsed it it welled up within a few minutes. I think I'm just going to rinse it again and put a compression wrap on it to stop any additional bleeding. The bulk of the bleeding happened before I knew what was going on as I found quite a few bloody paw prints where I was working. But a vein seems the likeliest option..

·
Premium Member
10,401 Posts
Ummm if it is a vein, shouldn't it be put back under the skin and the skin sewed (or glued) tightly over it? Of course, be prepared to do this with Betadine or some other helpful solution to stop infection.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry! No update for a while but she's better now. She was just super sore on it and then was fine the next day. I did bandage it but she pulled it off pretty fast. My vet actually recommended letting my other dog lick her wound when I found her with what looked like a bite mark. He said they do a good job keeping it clean. But, she's back to being a little pest and isn't lame at all so all is well :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts