I live in a basement that is infested with millipedes. The basement floods during every hard rain, so there's really no way to keep it dry and discourage the worms. They were particularly bad two summers ago (literally covered the floor); now they're just annoying-bad. Have to clean them out of my shower every morning. They stink. Haven't been able to kill them with poison--probably because I don't want to live surrounded by as much poison as it would take to kill them all. They're everywhere. Of course, the conditions outside the house are perfect for them as well. The owners of the house live upstairs, hate yardwork, and are accustomed to living in third-world conditions: nothing fazes them. So--good luck with your millipedes and be glad you don't live in the basement. And thanks for letting me gripe.