Homesteading Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Heaven forbid the US engage Russia in a conflict.

It has been going on non stop even before 1945. The story is from the Korean conflict. But, the US occupied parts of Russia after the commies overthrew the aristocracy for their own brand of aristocracy.

Quit clutching your pearls and stand up to authoritarians where ever you can here at home and where warranted far away. Here is a cheat sheet. If you do it farther away, it will be less likely to be a problem next door.

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
Despite being “simple”, that’s a really strange question. I suppose I disagree plenty often enough on a fact-for-fact position. I do have a very low tolerance for people who insist on arguing from feelz and platitudes, though, if that’s what you mean.
Agreements are built on facts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Kaliningrad is a Russian enclave to the west of Lithuania. It appears the EU and NATO have approved the blockade preventing Russia from shipping goods across Lithuania into Kaliningrad.

It sure looks to me like NATO is creating a pretext to enter the war against Russia. And our leader apparently can't even stay on a bicycle without falling over. I wonder what Lithuania was promised to do something so stupid?

What’s stupid about it? Lithuania land, transportation systems, people. Not russias. Kaliningrad is easily assessable by water from russia, so not even a good reason to think that kalingrads people will be doing without.

Sort of a separate subject, but russia seems to have tried to give kalingrad away in the past but the surrounding countries were smart enough to not accept.

·
Volvo With a Gun Rack
2,761 Posts
I will be honest and admit I only read the first page and a half of this thread.

After reading the back and forth, the dominant thought going through my mind was "it is working".

What, is working?

This diversion in Ukraine. We are all wrapped around the axle regarding Ukraine and don't realize is is cover for something else?

You see what the right hand is doing...you cannot help it. It is purposely obvious and divisive.

Find the left hand and see what it is doing.

I think we would find much more agreement on THAT activity.

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
I will be honest and admit I only read the first page and a half of this thread.

After reading the back and forth, the dominant thought going through my mind was "it is working".

What, is working?

This diversion in Ukraine. We are all wrapped around the axle regarding Ukraine and don't realize is is cover for something else?

You see what the right hand is doing...you cannot help it. It is purposely obvious and divisive.

Find the left hand and see what it is doing.

I think we would find much more agreement on THAT activity.
I don't think it is purposely constructed as a diversion.

It is exactly what it looks like. We have outsourced a war with Russia.

Reactions: homesteadforty

·
Volvo With a Gun Rack
2,761 Posts
I don't think it is purposely constructed as a diversion.

It is exactly what it looks like. We have outsourced a war with Russia.
As soon as active duty Americans start dying, it will no longer be outsourced. :( Not to mention the economic fallout already experienced around the world.

This has been brewing since 2014 at least (hell, it has been brewing for 70 years). Lots of opportunities to turn down the heat...but the heat has only been turned up.

Why? Are we all just stupid war mongers, or does a conflict like this serve some purpose to TPTB?

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
As soon as active duty Americans start dying, it will no longer be outsourced.
TPTB want to avoid that, but I think they will do what they have to.

does a conflict like this serve some purpose to TPTB?
Sure it does. Russia is outside of the WEF. They have to be brought to heel.

When this is over we will see if we need Taiwan to be the tip of the spear. That said, China is smart. I think they can outmaneuver the WEF and beat them at their own game.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
18,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Commission to Allow Russia to Resume Transports to Kaliningrad

The European Commission plans to issue a clarification that will allow Russia to resume sending supplies to the exclave of Kaliningrad via Lithuania. Berlin supports the idea, but some in Vilnius are not pleased.

DER SPIEGEL has learned that the European Commission intends to publish a clarification on the issue in the coming days. Its key message will be that Moscow will be allowed to use the transit route for all goods, but only limited amounts.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Commission to Allow Russia to Resume Transports to Kaliningrad

The European Commission plans to issue a clarification that will allow Russia to resume sending supplies to the exclave of Kaliningrad via Lithuania. Berlin supports the idea, but some in Vilnius are not pleased.

DER SPIEGEL has learned that the European Commission intends to publish a clarification on the issue in the coming days. Its key message will be that Moscow will be allowed to use the transit route for all goods, but only limited amounts.
Exactly why giving up any sovereignty is a bad idea... even to "friendly" entities like the E.U.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts