Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kaliningrad is a Russian enclave to the west of Lithuania. It appears the EU and NATO have approved the blockade preventing Russia from shipping goods across Lithuania into Kaliningrad.

It sure looks to me like NATO is creating a pretext to enter the war against Russia. And our leader apparently can't even stay on a bicycle without falling over. I wonder what Lithuania was promised to do something so stupid?

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lithuania remembers Russians orc behavior. Any nation has the right to determine who crosses their border and why.

Also, we don't know who our "leader" is.
Do you really think Lithuania all of a sudden decided to blockade goods from Russia? Did you know EU leaders just met in Ukraine and Ukraine is expecting word on EU approval this week? Looks like blackmail to me.

This is the EU and NATO pulling the strings, not Lithuania acting as an independent nation. Things must be looking very bad in Ukraine.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly. Maybe Latvia did do it if their own accord because they don’t want to risk a Russian convoy, a Commievoy, if you will, turning into a “Special Military Action” that tries to steal their land because…. reasons.
Goods have been flowing across Lithuania for years. The fact the blockade started almost concurrently with Ukraine likely getting admitted to EU is too big a coincidence for me. Who is trying to escalate the war and why? What does the WEC hope to gain? There is no benefit to EU, NATO, Ukraine, or Lithuania that I can see and potentially a lot of bad things.

There is one possibility, although it would appear to be a desperate one. For all practical purposes, Ukraine has lost the war and needs a negotiated settlement, but it has little leverage. I think the blockade and the possible entry into the EU are both nothing more than bargaining chips, at least I hope they are. We have already thrown $40 billion down that hole with nothing to show for it but more dead and wounded.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is no coincidence at all. It is called cooperation. Most nations who see Russia for what it is are "cooperating" to bring about Russia's demise.

I have tried very hard to understand your position on this. Myself, Ukraine can go to hell, but fighting Russia using Ukraine is a sound strategy. Appeasement is the only way I can explain your position
My position is easy to understand if one is objective. Instead of believing everything that the media has told us about Russia over the last 30 years, realize there are 2 sides to it. I'm not taking Russia's side, but I am also not taking what the media has told us as truth. I am looking for the truth period.

Look at where Lithuania is and explain why they would suddenly stop trains from carrying goods from Russia? They are one of the least defensible countries in NATO, so they didn't do this from a position of strength. That means someone else is pulling the strings. I am pretty sure it is not NATO or the EU, so is it the Biden administration or someone else like the WEF?

Did you know Russia is stronger economically now than before the war? The ruble is now worth much more than when the war started. Russia still has a market for its oil. The American people are suffering the consequences of the actions of our idiot president and the Russians are doing fine. They have no shortage of food or oil.

So my point of view is based on the reality of what is actually happening, not what we wished was happening. The US DOD and State Dept have admitted they have lied about the war in Ukraine. Ukrainian politicians have admitted they have lied. Ane we know the Russians also lie. So I try to find the facts that stand up to scrutiny and apply logic to the facts to try to understand what is really happening.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You give too little thought to the responses people give to you. Now, don't stop. Keep reading

First, you have not really established a position except to think the world is wrong in their fight against Russia, and that Russia is somehow justified in its move against Ukraine. If that is not your position you need to explain it simply in 10 words or less because I just don't get it

Second, again, what you said (bolded) sounds like a defense for Putin. What redeeming qualities have you divined on Putin (and yes, you have to separate Russia and its people from Putin and his government)?
If you have read my posts, I think you will find I never said Russia was justified. I have said that based on the actions of our state department, plus using potential NATO membership for Ukraine as a threat,

I can understand WHY RUSSIA BELIEVES it was justified in moving against Ukraine. (13 words)

During the "Great Patriotic War", Russian deaths numbered somewhere between 15 million and 40 million people. Just for comparison, the US had about 400,000 deaths. I think that goes a long way toward explaining why Russia is paranoid about its western border and sees NATO and EU expansion as a potential threat.

I think you all have been more focused on Putin than I have. I am more focused on geopolitics and why I believe the US has made a serious and dangerous mistake. Serious diplomacy was never even attempted by the US. In doing my research, I think a major reason for the US's action is because they still believe that Trump won the 2016 election because of Russian interference.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just because a serial killer believes he is justified, the killing is still not right.
Bad analogy. I made no comment on whether the killings were justified. My comment was only related to the belief that an action was justified. Absolutely no value judgment in what I said. I leave value judgments to all of you.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
BS. There is really no other words for your words than “BS”.

You keep accusing anyone who is anti-Russia of falling for the one-sided media of the west, yet every word you’ve posted on this matter (EVERY SINGLE ONE) has been a direct regurgitation of Russia’s own propaganda. You have no standing from which to lecture ANYBODY else about listening to a one-sided media. Your own parroting just makes you look simple and silly.

And, regardless what facts the media I watch may have gotten wrong and may be getting wrong, the basis fact I hold, for wishing for your side to lose a horrible defeat in all this, stands and is indisputable: Your beloved Commies invaded a sovereign nation, unprovoked, now twice, to try to steal their land for resources and the prestige of your dying Dear Leader.
My side is the American people. Which side is yours?

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Because Putin believes he was justified, or uses any number of events as a ruse to "justify" his actions does not mean that I believe he was justified, or that he is right in his justification.

It is a simple question of right, or wrong.

You overthink things.
You are changing what I said. I never made any claim to right or wrong. My statement (13 words) is very specific and very clear. You are the one reading something into it.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Their belief is that Ukraine belonged to them. That’s it. That’s all the justification they have.

You’ve spend hundreds of words telling us all about buffer zones and land bridges and election meddling, and NONE of it adds up. Every attempt you’ve made to justify it was easily demonstrated as a logical fallacy.

Putin wanted Ukraine. When he couldn’t have it, he settled for its Black Sea Oil. Then, when he tried again, he couldn’t quite take it all, so now he’s trying to take half of it. If he gets that, he’ll try again to take the rest of it.

Their “justification” is that they think it rightfully belongs to them, so what they think doesn’t matter.

You’re taking up for slave masters, and it is shameful.
You are making things up that are not facts, but your opinion.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That is weak. Just using HT as your sample, you stand alone.
As I have said several times, I don't have a dog in this fight. The American people are suffering in part because of the US-led sanctions against Russia, the escalation of the war based on US military hardware, and the battlefield guidance and leadership of US military and probably the CIA. Russia, Iran, Venezuela, OPEC are all benefiting and N America and Europe are suffering. The sanctions have had the opposite effect from that intended. China and India are happy to biu all the oil Russia can supply.

As I have said several times and no one has refuted, the US made no serious attempt at diplomacy to prevent the war and since the start of the war has sought to escalate, not de-escalate the war. I don't understand why the US government wants this war, but for some reason it does.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
We are. I say again. TPTB decide we had to pay that price.

You fail to grasp this simple fact, the US and NATO wanted this skirmish. It is a war for Ukraine. It does sting Putin somewhat, mostly his pride and ego. To most of us it is not much more than a news item and a topic on social media.

For most Americans, we blame Brandon for the pain more than we blame Putin.
Don't you have any curiosity about the who and why? Who determined the West should back Ukraine at almost any cost and why? Embargoes rarely work, so who decided to use them anyway when it was obvious Russia would still find a market for its grain and oil?

I believe this is another part of the plan to destroy our country and our Constitution by creating a severe crisis. While there is money to fund Ukraine, no effort is being made to address the supply chain, food shortage, fertilizer shortage, oil shortage, or water shortage.

So while everyone seems to be wrapped up in Russia vs Ukraine, I am looking at who is pulling the strings and what is their objective. The best thing for the American people is for the war to end and the sanctions removed. That might at least be able to partially alleviate the starvation that is going to occur in parts of Asia and Africa.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I am sure you have your suspicions. I have gone beyond my own suspicions to accepting it as fact.

The WEF is coordinating much of what the US government does. There is tacit approval from the membership of that group for a closer world governance.

You know that.

Sure there is still implied autonomy of the WEF members but they have a strategy. The actions and words of the members are used to further the strategy at a rate that does not prompt pitch forks and torches.
There are probably at least 4 layers below the WEF. I have been trying to figure out how high the control would have to be to result in this level of manipulation. In this case, I think it is whoever is controlling Brandon or maybe a level higher.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts