Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kaliningrad is a Russian enclave to the west of Lithuania. It appears the EU and NATO have approved the blockade preventing Russia from shipping goods across Lithuania into Kaliningrad.

It sure looks to me like NATO is creating a pretext to enter the war against Russia. And our leader apparently can't even stay on a bicycle without falling over. I wonder what Lithuania was promised to do something so stupid?

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Kaliningrad is a Russian enclave to the west of Lithuania. It appears the EU and NATO have approved the blockade preventing Russia from shipping goods across Lithuania into Kaliningrad.

It sure looks to me like NATO is creating a pretext to enter the war against Russia. And our leader apparently can't even stay on a bicycle without falling over. I wonder what Lithuania was promised to do something so stupid?

Lithuania remembers Russians orc behavior. Any nation has the right to determine who crosses their border and why.

Also, we don't know who our "leader" is.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lithuania remembers Russians orc behavior. Any nation has the right to determine who crosses their border and why.

Also, we don't know who our "leader" is.
Do you really think Lithuania all of a sudden decided to blockade goods from Russia? Did you know EU leaders just met in Ukraine and Ukraine is expecting word on EU approval this week? Looks like blackmail to me.

This is the EU and NATO pulling the strings, not Lithuania acting as an independent nation. Things must be looking very bad in Ukraine.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Do you really think Lithuania all of a sudden decided to blockade goods from Russia? Did you know EU leaders just met in Ukraine and Ukraine is expecting word on EU approval this week? Looks like blackmail to me.

This is the EU and NATO pulling the strings, not Lithuania acting as an independent nation. Things must be looking very bad in Ukraine.
I don't care who is pulling the strings in this case. These former colonies and slave states of Russia are not going quietly into slave state again. There are too many of the current residents that endured that hell. I really don't believe it is anymore complicated than that even if you don't.

The timing is of interest with everything else, but the timing is of less interest when you are living it rather than observing it.

·
Registered
8,788 Posts

What’s wrong, Moon. You don’t think Lithuania deserves its own “buffer zone”?

Your offense on behalf of Russia is palpable.

·
Registered
8,788 Posts
I don't care who is pulling the strings in this case. These former colonies and slave states of Russia are not going quietly into slave state again. There are too many of the current residents that endured that hell. I really don't believe it is anymore complicated than that even if you don't.

The timing is of interest with everything else, but the timing is of less interest when you are living it rather than observing it.
Exactly. Maybe Latvia did do it if their own accord because they don’t want to risk a Russian convoy, a Commievoy, if you will, turning into a “Special Military Action” that tries to steal their land because…. reasons.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly. Maybe Latvia did do it if their own accord because they don’t want to risk a Russian convoy, a Commievoy, if you will, turning into a “Special Military Action” that tries to steal their land because…. reasons.
Goods have been flowing across Lithuania for years. The fact the blockade started almost concurrently with Ukraine likely getting admitted to EU is too big a coincidence for me. Who is trying to escalate the war and why? What does the WEC hope to gain? There is no benefit to EU, NATO, Ukraine, or Lithuania that I can see and potentially a lot of bad things.

There is one possibility, although it would appear to be a desperate one. For all practical purposes, Ukraine has lost the war and needs a negotiated settlement, but it has little leverage. I think the blockade and the possible entry into the EU are both nothing more than bargaining chips, at least I hope they are. We have already thrown $40 billion down that hole with nothing to show for it but more dead and wounded.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Goods have been flowing across Lithuania for years. The fact the blockade started almost concurrently with Ukraine likely getting admitted to EU is too big a coincidence for me. Who is trying to escalate the war and why? What does the WEC hope to gain? There is no benefit to EU, NATO, Ukraine, or Lithuania that I can see and potentially a lot of bad things.

There is one possibility, although it would appear to be a desperate one. For all practical purposes, Ukraine has lost the war and needs a negotiated settlement, but it has little leverage. I think the blockade and the possible entry into the EU are both nothing more than bargaining chips, at least I hope they are. We have already thrown $40 billion down that hole with nothing to show for it but more dead and wounded.
It is an escalation of the war when you live this far away. When you have lived under Russian oppression and atrocities, it may appear differently.

·
Registered
40,871 Posts
too big a coincidence
It is no coincidence at all. It is called cooperation. Most nations who see Russia for what it is are "cooperating" to bring about Russia's demise.

I have tried very hard to understand your position on this. Myself, Ukraine can go to hell, but fighting Russia using Ukraine is a sound strategy. Appeasement is the only way I can explain your position

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is no coincidence at all. It is called cooperation. Most nations who see Russia for what it is are "cooperating" to bring about Russia's demise.

I have tried very hard to understand your position on this. Myself, Ukraine can go to hell, but fighting Russia using Ukraine is a sound strategy. Appeasement is the only way I can explain your position
My position is easy to understand if one is objective. Instead of believing everything that the media has told us about Russia over the last 30 years, realize there are 2 sides to it. I'm not taking Russia's side, but I am also not taking what the media has told us as truth. I am looking for the truth period.

Look at where Lithuania is and explain why they would suddenly stop trains from carrying goods from Russia? They are one of the least defensible countries in NATO, so they didn't do this from a position of strength. That means someone else is pulling the strings. I am pretty sure it is not NATO or the EU, so is it the Biden administration or someone else like the WEF?

Did you know Russia is stronger economically now than before the war? The ruble is now worth much more than when the war started. Russia still has a market for its oil. The American people are suffering the consequences of the actions of our idiot president and the Russians are doing fine. They have no shortage of food or oil.

So my point of view is based on the reality of what is actually happening, not what we wished was happening. The US DOD and State Dept have admitted they have lied about the war in Ukraine. Ukrainian politicians have admitted they have lied. Ane we know the Russians also lie. So I try to find the facts that stand up to scrutiny and apply logic to the facts to try to understand what is really happening.

·
Registered
40,871 Posts
My position is easy to understand if one is objective. Instead of believing everything that the media has told us about Russia over the last 30 years
You give too little thought to the responses people give to you. Now, don't stop. Keep reading

First, you have not really established a position except to think the world is wrong in their fight against Russia, and that Russia is somehow justified in its move against Ukraine. If that is not your position you need to explain it simply in 10 words or less because I just don't get it

Second, again, what you said (bolded) sounds like a defense for Putin. What redeeming qualities have you divined on Putin (and yes, you have to separate Russia and its people from Putin and his government)?

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
17,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You give too little thought to the responses people give to you. Now, don't stop. Keep reading

First, you have not really established a position except to think the world is wrong in their fight against Russia, and that Russia is somehow justified in its move against Ukraine. If that is not your position you need to explain it simply in 10 words or less because I just don't get it

Second, again, what you said (bolded) sounds like a defense for Putin. What redeeming qualities have you divined on Putin (and yes, you have to separate Russia and its people from Putin and his government)?
If you have read my posts, I think you will find I never said Russia was justified. I have said that based on the actions of our state department, plus using potential NATO membership for Ukraine as a threat,

I can understand WHY RUSSIA BELIEVES it was justified in moving against Ukraine. (13 words)

During the "Great Patriotic War", Russian deaths numbered somewhere between 15 million and 40 million people. Just for comparison, the US had about 400,000 deaths. I think that goes a long way toward explaining why Russia is paranoid about its western border and sees NATO and EU expansion as a potential threat.

I think you all have been more focused on Putin than I have. I am more focused on geopolitics and why I believe the US has made a serious and dangerous mistake. Serious diplomacy was never even attempted by the US. In doing my research, I think a major reason for the US's action is because they still believe that Trump won the 2016 election because of Russian interference.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,272 Posts
Just because a serial killer believes he is justified, the killing is still not right.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I still remember my Mom told us years ago, that HER grandmother had always said Germany and Russia weren't the real threat to America, it was China. Does anyone else recall the reports that the head of the Chinese military made numerous claims in his annual report to the Party that Wuhan and other labs were concentrating on developing bioweapons that were ethnically targeted? There can be no doubt that G PingPong and the Useful Idiots salivate over the prospects of a race war between blacks and whites, widespread war with white people killing each other, and black people killing each other. G PingPong is doing for his people exactly what the Herr was doing for his people. G is just doing it quietly.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts