list of beef cuts

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by wheresdabeef, Mar 9, 2005.

1. wheresdabeef

wheresdabeef Member

I would like to know if anyone can direct me to a site where I can print out a copy of the standard cuts of beef and what portion of the carcass they come from. I am trying to put together a handout for people who are interested in buying steers, or halves and this would simplify things for them. Thanks, Jim

2. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Try looking around www.usda.gov. If you cannot find one on-line, I have one here somewhere I can e-mail to you as an attachment. Request should come directly to scharabo@aol.com.

Ken Scharabok

3. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Just something to think about. Find a really friendly solid black steer. Get him use to a halter, trailer hauling and small pen enclosure. Take to places like farmers' markets to exhibit him. In advance, use white shoe polish to mark off the various cuts. (If you want to make them permanent use the brand freezing stuff.) Many people have never seen cattle 'up close and personal' so your corral is likely be be a big draw, particularly if the steer can be touched. This give you can opportunity to hand out a flyer on how much better your beef would be over the typical supermarket stuff.

4. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

5. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member