List for "good selling" books on line??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ann Mary, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Ann Mary

Ann Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

Is there somewhere to look for a list of the kinds of books that sell well on-line? I've just started selling used books last week with ones that I already had and ones that were given to me...but now I'm needing to look for more...but I don't know what kinds sell well. :shrug: Anyone know of how to find out so I don't buy the wrong kind that won't sell or are only worth .10 to list??? Thanks! I sold 4 on-line since Sat. so I'm happy! :)

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Where do you sell your books. I would like to look through your list. Thanks

3. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

If you are selling on eBay I don't know what to tell you. It's a buyers market, but no one type of book seems to sell better. The problem with eBay is that people traditionally buy when they find the one thing they have been looking for.

I just purchased a book there yesterday, but it's a book that was published in the late 70's. We had checked it out at the liabary enjoyed it so much we searched for it on eBay.

I find that traditionally non fiction does better than fiction. Personally I sell on eBay, do some purchases but not many. What I sell thou is a very small market of items. I don't pretend to even be knwoeldgeable about the market other than my few areas.

i would hit a thrift store and write donw some of the titles there, newly published stuff (Zone diet, Robert Lundlum, etc) and then search completed auctions to determine if they sell etc.

I've had very good luck with vintage Cookbooks, but they are hard to come by these days as the thift stores have wised up.

Good luck

4. Ann Mary

Ann Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, they have wised up...and yeterday I bought 4 "like new" different Zone books and came home and they were worth about 10. each......so that's why I though I'd ask what kind seem to sell best. I only get into town once a week so I can't write down a list and then come home to check them out before buying them. I have only about 20 books listed so far...on Amazon.com and the name is "Lingering-over-books".