Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Lisa hasn’t been around in a while. She seemed to be getting frustrated here recently, started channeling a bit of Pixie, even, so she actually may have decided to leave the room. She’d be one of the handful on here that I’d truly miss if she stays away.

ETA: Now that I mention it, I kinda miss Pixie from time to time. That broad was crazy, but still somehow fun.

·
Shazbot!
5,801 Posts
Lisa hasn’t been around in a while. She seemed to be getting frustrated here recently, started channeling a bit of Pixie, even, so she actually may have decided to leave the room. She’d be one of the handful on here that I’d truly miss if she stays away.

ETA: Now that I mention it, I kinda miss Pixie from time to time. That broad was crazy, but still somehow fun.
I hope all is well with Lisa and she is having a blast in the real world!! Hopefully she just doesn't have time for HT right now.

And I miss IP also.

·
Registered
18,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I miss everyone that has left. I wont agree with anyone at certain times. That makes me opinionated, pig headed or correct at that certain time in life. Doesn't matter to me which as it is always a learning experience. You have to hit the flint on the steel to make a fire.

Me and Lisa did not hit it off at all when I first came on here. We fought like cats and dogs for whatever reason. I cant even recall what. Then she PM'd me and asked me what I really felt on certain things. After a few back and forth we became friends. We are not that different at all. From @Nevada to @big rockpile we all have many more things in common than we dont.

Pixie was my "Odd Couple" roommate. I was Oscar of course. We rarely agreed on anything but we still "after work" were friends. Like Sam and Ralph the sheepdog.

Poster Organism Cartoon Font Tree

But yeah, no need to censor anyone but not my rules. As BFF would say:

If you want to set the rules then buy the forum. Not sure the cash flow would pay enough for the bank to finance it though.

But send me the numbers and I will look at it!!!

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Me and Lisa did not hit it off at all when I first came on here. We fought like cats and dogs for whatever reason. I cant even recall what. Then she PM'd me and asked me what I really felt on certain things. After a few back and forth we became friends. We are not that different at all.
Yeah, there was a time when Lisa and Pixie, and a certain other, current member were like a cabal that tried to throttle anyone who didn’t toe the leftist line. They even ran a Facebook group for a while that they used to discuss tactics to get members they didn’t like banned. I was shown some of the content once, and it wasn’t pretty. They were once scheming to dox me because of a disagreement we had.

A couple years back, something changed, and Lisa became incredibly open-minded and insightful. There still was plenty that I disagreed with her on, but she is very reasonable and actually challenged a lot of my positions, and even managed to change a few. I probably respect her more for our civil disagreements than someone who I more closely align with.

To tie in a very recent topic of discussion here, she is very Joe Roganesque. Definitely on the left, but not lashed to any given agenda, and not afraid to skillfully hand someone their ass when they appear to be assless.

These last couple months have been weird, though. She seemed to go back to her “everyone on the right is a piece of crap on the bottom of my shoe” stance. I hope we get the other Lisa back soon. This forum is less for her absence.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Yeah, there was a time when Lisa and Pixie, and a certain other, current member were like a cabal that tried to throttle anyone who didn’t toe the leftist line. They even ran a Facebook group for a while that they used to discuss tactics to get members they didn’t like banned. I was shown some of the content once, and it wasn’t pretty. They were once scheming to dox me because of a disagreement we had.

A couple years back, something changed, and Lisa became incredibly open-minded and insightful. There still was plenty that I disagreed with her on, but she is very reasonable and actually challenged a lot of my positions, and even managed to change a few. I probably respect her more for our civil disagreements than someone who I more closely align with.

To tie in a very recent topic of discussion here, she is very Joe Roganesque. Definitely on the left, but not lashed to any given agenda, and not afraid to skillfully hand someone their ass when they appear to be assless.

These last couple months have been weird, though. She seemed to go back to her “everyone on the right is a piece of crap on the bottom of my shoe” stance. I hope we get the other Lisa back soon. This forum is less for her absence.
Seriously? They had a page discussing how to get members here banned? Amazing what lengths some folks will go to!

Reactions: cannonfoddertfc

·
Registered
36,745 Posts
Seriously? They had a page discussing how to get members here banned? Amazing what lengths some folks will go to!
I found that interesting too, and somewhat narcissistic. Without a doubt a bunch of scheming totalitarians, but who stand for diversity and such

·
Premium Member
29,026 Posts
I don't miss the several pages worth of senseless bickering and name calling that got several threads tossed. You read the thread hoping for some pertinent info but if certain individual didn't like you, the topic or a poster that made a comment there were posters who did everything they could to get a thread locked or tossed. When they weren't stabbing each other in the back, the troublemakers were decent people with helpful advice.

The only people who should be banned, IMO, are those few who threaten others or make really nasty posts. There was once a poster who joined just to threaten someone about butchering an animal, or killing a varmint. Can't remember for sure what precipitated it. Spammers should be banned too.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts