Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I got out into the barn with my camera.

This is a doublemane doe that I think is going to go to some shows this year. :D She's out of a little singlemane.

And this is Twister, my new singlemane buck. Aptly named, this is the only picture I could get of him, without him walking out of the shot!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Awesome buns! I really like the tricolour! He looks awesome.

Where did you get him? I had a friend selling a tricolour lionhead names Twister....meaby same person??

I find lionheads very kool..... My harlie buck is just a funny thing....anything to get out of his cage and just loves the space to run around! Personlly though...i like my other breeds better...but it might just be me :)

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get him? I had a friend selling a tricolour lionhead names Twister....meaby same person??
Yep, I got him up near Ilderton, on my "rabbit run" a few weeks ago - pretty sure that's your friend. She was working so I only got to meet her husband. Had to cancel the one weekend, because of snow squalls.

I find the Lionheads to have more personality than the Harlequins, but that might be because I handle them more, being pet stock. Don't like to cuddle the meat buns too much! :D

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are a nifty breed. You can tell when they're born if they are single or double maned by the way their coats look. They're more naked where the long fur is going to come in. They go through a stage where they look like tribbles, all floofy, and then it's a waiting game to see if they shed out nicely or not.

At least with Harlequins, you have a pretty good idea within the first few days!

Speaking of - did yours arrive today?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts