Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Link trades don't do much for you if the sites are not related. I few good links are better than a bunch of irrelavent links. There is a lot that goes into search engine optimization. I paid someone a couple hundred bucks to optimize my site. It took a couple of years, now I have great placement on google and yahoo.

Check out "free pet classifieds", on Google, my ad is #4 (www.search4paws.com)

Google will actually penalize you if you have too many links that don't relate to your site.

·
Voice of Reason
53,243 Posts
Link trades don't do much for you if the sites are not related. I few good links are better than a bunch of irrelavent links. There is a lot that goes into search engine optimization. I paid someone a couple hundred bucks to optimize my site. It took a couple of years, now I have great placement on google and yahoo.

Check out "free pet classifieds", on Google, my ad is #4 (www.search4paws.com)

Google will actually penalize you if you have too many links that don't relate to your site.
I suspect that it's still better to have the link than to not have it, particularly when the anchor text is relevant. It shouldn't just be a bare link. It should be anchored to text containing your target keywords.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts